Chapter 8

Dipper POV

So… we didn’t tell our parents.

Instead, we wrote them a note and left it on the kitchen counter for them to find once we were long gone. As of right now, Mabel and I were sitting on the bus that would take us to the Falls.

It would get there any minute now.

“At least we’ll be able to see them all again.” Mabel mumbled, looking out the window, seeming a bit lost.

“I hate that the only time we ever talk to them is under the absolute worst circumstances.” I groaned out loud.

Mabel snorted. “You can say that again.”

“We’ll be okay though, hopefully this can all be resolved super quick by just putting a simple spell on the dime to keep Bill in and then we’ll be on our way back home in no time.” I said enthusiastically.

“Louie and Webby won’t be though.” Mabel reminded me.

I faltered a bit in my thoughts. “Well… hopefully they’re okay and hopefully we can also bring them back too.”

Mabel turned to face me, a serious expression on her face. “Dipper, you do realize that the only chance we have of seeing them again is most likely by making some weird ass deal with that triangle?”

“I-” I sighed in defeat. “Since when did you get to become the serious one, huh?” I laughed hollowly.

“Since Bill possessed me and forced me to set him off in the world again. I realized real quick that I had to face the consequences of my actions.” Mabel rolled her eyes. “Before that, I didn’t even know what that phrase meant.”

“Mabes… I’m sorry I haven’t been there for you.” I apologized.

“Dipper, it’s fine. I was horrible to you when we were kids. I always made you do whatever I wanted without a single care about whether or not it was what you wanted.”

“Yeah… but this isn’t about some petty thing from when we were kids. This is about real shit that could legitimately get us killed.”

“Which is why I’m apologizing now, so when I inevitably die later, I won’t have it on my conscience anymore.” Mabel joked, elbowing me playfully in the ribs.

“Right. This won’t end terribly at all.” I mumbled, rolling my eyes.

“Last stop! Gravity Falls!” The bus driver suddenly announced. Mabel and I nodded to each other and grabbed our stuff and got off the bus.

We’d contacted Wendy before leaving and told her to meet us at the bus stop, so it wasn’t a surprise when we saw a certain redhead leaning against a flashy sports car in front of the bus stop. Wendy looked as though she had aged a lifetime. Usually, she seemed a lot more chill, but after everything, I think she learned to grow up a bit more. She had her hair down as usual, missing her usual hat. She was wearing a “Falls University” sweatshirt and had black leggings and converse on.

“What’s up weirdos?” She chuckled, ruffling Mabel’s hair before taking our bags and throwing them into the trunk of her car.