UNO

XIMENA was sat on the plane on the fourth seat. On this plane there were four seats by the window. She was currently wearing light washed baggy straight leg jeans, a brown cami top, a flannel, brown converse, a couple rings, and two crystal necklaces. One of her new dads is sitting with her on the plane with her younger sister in his arms. Originally they were only going to adopt one of the girls but when they learned about Lily's older half-sister they knew they couldn't separate the girls. The two men knew it would be hard as the older of the two is thirteen but they knew it was worth it.

The girls mother left them at the adoption center each after they were born leaving a letter which is how they found out about Lily and Ximena being related and they also did a DNA test. Ximena had been making her on side money for years. As a child she sold bracelets, then when she was eleven she started selling scrunchies and chile covered candies, now she makes and sells lip gloss and hand made personalized flower bouquets. She usually makes around 2,000 dollars a week which she uses for her wants, needs and at the orphanage helping take care of Lily.

She was also already taking college classes online after school. By the time she finished middle school she should have her bachelor's degree and be taking her last class for her masters degree. You see Ximena is on scholarship taking college classes and it's working in her favor because she wants to be a surgeon she always has ever since she was a little girl. She always had a drive to prove people wrong and prove to herself that she could do anything she puts her mind to. She always felt a need to prove to her biological mother that she could do anything without her that she was worth something. That she was worthy of love. That she was worth it.

She loved her little sister so much even before she found out that letter telling her that they were related she felt an instant connection when she found the little girl in a basket wrapped up in blankets. When she found out who this little girl was to her she wanted to kill her mother. How dare she leave out a baby in the middle of the night on a snowy night in the middle of winter in January! Lily could have died! She was in nothing but a onesie and a blanket when she found her. Lily was turning a little purple and almost caught Hypothermia had Ximena not woken up at 4am because of a nightmare and gone outside. Lily would have been a goner had it not been for Ximena. The teenager is glad she had that nightmare because if she didn't then who knows what could've happened to Lily had she not found her sooner.

"Who's a good girl? Who's that? Who's that?" Mitchell the girls new dad spoke to Lily. Lily and Ximena were adopted two weeks ago and the gay couple had been in Vietnam for three weeks.

Ximena was currently coloring in a detailed sketch she made of a girl with long hair and features of both a skeleton and a moth and a couple flowers in her hair with alcohol markers -she had a paper protector behind the page. The dark haired mixed girl had always had a gift for art she was an incredible artist it was a shame it was only a hobby to her because if she wanted to she could become an artist.

"Oh, she's adorable. And the older one is gorgeous." An older woman told Mitchell.

"Oh, thank you." Said Mitchell.

"Hi, precious!" The older woman said to Lily puckering her lips. She blows her lips in attempt to make Lily smile. But it doesn't work and Lily looks like she's about to cry. She then looks at Ximena. "You look beautiful honey."

"Thank you ma'am but she doesn't like that trust me when I say this in a nice way but many people have tried that made her cry so be lucky she's not crying yet." Said Ximena not looking up. What can she say she may be sitting down but she pays attention to her surroundings.