Tw: Language, alcohol, a man who won't take no for an answer, violence, vomit,

"You know," King carefully said, "there's others who could do this."

"What?" Howzer blinked up at them from the datapad. 

"He means you look like shit," Tic bluntly said. He knocked the datapad from Howzer's hands. "Come on! Take a break!"

"I'll take a break when this is finished," Howzer said, trying to grab his datapad back. King snatched it up faster than he could, and kept it just out of reach. "King! I need that!"

"You need sleep!" King tossed it to Tic. "I'll pull rank, don't make me do it!"

"What rank?" Howzer demanded. "I'm the captain!"

"I'll get promoted just to make you sleep!" King threatened. He caught the datapad as it was returned back to him and danced around Howzer's desk.

"I'd like to see you try!" Howzer grabbed the datapad as it was mid-throw, tucking it against his chest. "Now get out of my office! I have work to do!"

King let out a defeated sigh. "Fine, Captain, but don't come whining to me when you're exhausted in the morning."

"Or me," Tic snapped. "We've tried to help you, but you keep pushing us away!"

Howzer scrolled on the screen. "I'm fine."

"You can't survive on caf," King gently said. "When was the last time you did something just for you?"

Howzer paused, racking his memory. "Uh..."

"Exactly." Tic lifted Howzer out of his chair. "So you're going to go to bed while we finish this up. Sleep. Then in the morning, you're going to have some time to yourself. We already arranged for you to have tomorrow off and got you some credits."

Howzer stared at them for a moment, chest tightening. "Thank you."

"Go." King shooed him away. "And where'd you get that bracelet? It looks nice."

Howzer adjusted it. "Someone bought it for me."

"I wish my boyfriend would buy me jewelry," King grumbled. "Specifically a ring."

"Are you even dropping hints?" Tic asked as Howzer snorted.

"I've been mentioning how my hand looks so bare! Do you know what he got me?" King exclaimed angrily. "He bought me kriffing gloves!"

"Are they warm at least?" Tic questioned, hiding a smile.

"They're bright orange and against dress code with glitter! I have to wear my GAR gloves!" King threw his arms in the air. "So the gloves are currently under my pillow!"

"Maybe you need to be less subtle," Howzer suggested. "Just tell him you want to get married."

"I want him to surprise me with a proposal." King rolled his eyes. "I want it to be romantic and make me swoon."

"Did the gloves make you swoon?" Tic teased, dodging King's punch.

"No they karking did not!" King said in outrage. "Those ugly things will not make me swoon!"

Howzer grinned and walked away, shaking his head at them. He crawled into his bunk after removing his armour, letting his head fall against the pillow. He fell asleep almost instantly.

Howzer spent his free time taking a hike. He wanted to see beautiful scenery and feel a sense of accomplishment in the end.