01 Group Email

01 Group Email

The elevator doors opened to reveal the reception area with a sign that said "Smith & Walters Law Group." No waiting was required because K Automotive was a valued client, and Mr. Smith's assistant was already waiting there.

Kim Minji followed two well-dressed men through a long corridor and into a conference room.

"The lawyer will be here shortly," the assistant mentioned.

She asked about their drink preferences. The men declined, saying they were in a hurry, and then it was Kim Minji's turn.

"Coffee, please," Kim Minji said.

The assistant left the room, and the men exchanged glances.

One of them said, "Minji ya."

Kim Minji rolled her eyes internally.

"You need a lawyer and here you are. If there's anything else, you'll have to handle it on your own. It's not that we don't want to help, but it's our family's way of doing things. You might not be aware since you just, you just arrived," one of them added.

Another one joined in, "You know we're not just sitting around and doing nothing. We all have our own company matters to attend to, and this is also father's wish."

Kim Minji couldn't bring herself to thank her half-brothers, who seemed to prefer her to disappear immediately.

So she just nodded.

When they noticed she had nothing else to add, the men left.

If it weren't for her two useless brothers, the old man would never have acknowledged her existence.

Life hadn't been easy for Kim Minji since she joined K Automotive as the boss's illegitimate daughter.

Just two months after taking over a subsidiary, there was an accident.

A worker, who broke his leg, happened to be a minor.

It was obvious a frame-up, targeting her.

Despite her tough and aloof exterior, Kim Minji was only twenty-five, and this was her first time managing a company and dealing with legal matters. She had done her research, and this law firm was indeed a long-time partner of the group.

What she wasn't so sure about was...

There was a knock on the door.

"Hello? Is this Miss Kim Minji?"

Entering with a cup of coffee was not the assistant but a young Asian woman. She was of short stature with a round face...

Kim Minji felt like calling the police. It seemed that K Automotive wasn't the only one engaging in illegal activities. Did the law firm even resorted to using high school students because of saving money?

The young woman handed over the coffee and didn't leave; instead, she sat down.

Kim Minji was puzzled.

The young woman smiled briefly. "Hello, I'm the lawyer handling your case."

Kim Minji had known it wouldn't be so simple.

There was no way they would generously introduce the family lawyer to her. Partner-level lawyers didn't come cheap.

So they found a random lawyer to handle her case.