03 The World is Our Oyster

On the way back home, Hanni stayed quiet. After a while, Leo cautiously broke the silence, "Are you upset?"

Hanni replied, "Whether I'll work in your company is still uncertain. Your mom and I have been discussing, and nothing is confirmed yet..."

"There's no 'your' or 'mine,'" Leo cut off, "Pho Bliss is ours."

Hanni didn't bother to respond. Leo might not be the most capable, but among the idle guys born with a silver spoon, he was a decent one. In many moments during their time together, Hanni often questioned why she chose this man in front of her.

One week after Kim Minji proposed a breakup, Hanni immersed herself in the work.

One day, she worked until 3 a.m., driving home and suddenly realizing there was no yogurt at home.

Oatmeal, cocoa powder, skimmed milk, simmered on low heat; bananas mashed into puree, mixed with Greek yogurt, blueberries, and nuts.

It was a breakfast Minji used to prepare when Hanni couldn't get up in the morning.

Unlike many wealthy people, Minji didn't have a housekeeper; only the cleaner Lee Hyein hired would come twice a week to do the chores.

Minji trusted very few people.

Driving around the city, she remembered that only the 7-Eleven was open 24 hours. However, when she stopped briefly at the entrance, a staggering drug addict approached. She had no choice but to drive home.

Imitating Minji's cooking method, she poured the ingredients into the pot but couldn't seem to ignite the flame. "Minji!" When Hanni called out, she realized Minji was no longer there. They had already broken up.

Holding a spoon, Hanni stood in front of the gas stove, feeling the sadness of a breakup for the first time.

The next day, during a video call, Hanni casually informed her mom about her breakup with Kim Minji.

To facilitate business alliances, and considering Kim Minji's orientation, the chosen partner for the alliance was also a woman.

It was the first time her mom had heard of such a dramatic situation, leaving her with little to say beyond offering comfort.

Kim Minji, being beautiful, articulate, and sociable, easily gained the approval of most of Hanni's family.

During their first Christmas together, Kim Minji accompanied Hanni back to Melbourne.

Kim Minji had arranged gifts in advance at several luxury stores, and the first thing they did after landing was to check out the results at the hotel.

The Presidential Suite at the Park Hyatt was filled with boxes of all sizes.

"Are you crazy?" Hanni exclaimed. "Do you have a shopping addiction?"

She thought Christmas gifts might be something like a snowflake ball or a keychain.

Kim Minji walked around the room, picked a box, and handed it to her. "A keychain, here it is."

"I said a keychain, not Hermès!" Hanni protested. "Return all of them!"

"All the stores are closed!" Kim Minji explained. "Just give them away for now, and we can return them after the holidays."

Hanni: ...

Dad didn't like Kim Minji from the moment she showed up at the doorstep with bags full of gifts, finding her actions too extravagant.