S2 - 5. - [Bated Breath]

Katsuki watched in horror as the scientists surrounded the table, their faces obscured by surgical masks as they prepared to cut into him.

Not quite, but his death was imminent

His heart clenched with a mixture of dread and outrage as the first incision was made, the sound of the saw clanking on the fart as it was lifted sending shivers down his spine. Each movement felt like a stab to his own heart, a cruel reminder of the situation he was in.

Tears welled in Katsuki's eyes as he watched the scientists discuss with each other, occasionally gesturing towards various parts of his body. And as they reached an ultimatum, the pit in his stomach became even deeper.

As one of the scientists neared, grip tight on the saw, he struggled, pulling at the restraints. His mouth was gagged so he couldn't let out a single word, no sound could escape his very being.

Katsuki let out strangled screams as the cold metal saw was brought down onto his neck, just enough force for him to feel its weight. He hated this. Hated. Hated, hated, hated.

The scientist turned to make a comment to another, a laugh coming in response, before the pressure on his neck increased.

The serrated blade cut across him, slowly moving further and further down into his throat.

He tasted the copper that accompanied blood as he slowly lost his voice, vocal cords being cut through. It hurt so bad. Each broken breath was agony, every movement of the blade was excruciating.

Katsuki just wanted his mother.

Please.

He'd do anyt-

As Katsuki's consciousness returned, he found himself still lying on the cold, metal table in the confines of the laboratory. Despite his surroundings, there was an undeniable sense of calm and clarity that washed over him.

The same feeling that always accompanied death.

With a steady breath, he opened his eyes, attempting to readjust to the bright lights that lay overhead. The memories of his recent ordeal flooded back to him- the pain, the fear, the sense of helplessness as he was subjected to cruel experimentation against his will.

But now, as he took stock of his surroundings, Katsuki felt a newfound resolve coursing through him. He refused to be a victim any longer. He would not allow himself to be used as a pawn in someone else's twisted games.

With a silent vow to reclaim his freedom, Katsuki scanned the laboratory for any sign of his captors. The room was eerily quiet, save for the hum of machinery in the background.

It wasn't often that he was left alone,not after he'd fully mutated. Granted, it was as much of a curse as it was a blessing. Super healing... How odd

Katsuki sighed out a breath, something finally releasing within him. All of this...

All of this would come to a stop soon. Something inside of him told him that. Something signaled that it'd be over soon.

How soon?

He didn't know.

His mind raced with possibilities; escape routes to consider, potential obstacles to overcome. But amidst the chaos of his thoughts, there was one constant, one singular desire that burned within him like a beacon of hope.

'Please' He mentally whispered to himself, the word echoing in the empty silence of his mind. 'Please, just let me go home. I'll do anything. Anything'

A raw plea born from the depths of his soul.

One that'd never be heard as long as he stayed in this godforsaken place.

For in that moment, all Katsuki wanted was to be reunited with his mother, to feel her arms around him once more, to know that he was safe and loved.

But as the silence stretched on, broken only by his bated breaths, Katsuki knew that his fate lay out of his own hands. He would have to find a way to escape, to break free from the shackles of his captivity and forge a new path forward.

He would have to find a way out of Jiang's hold and go home.

If only he could breathe.

Word Count: 684