A New Beginning

Quackity's POV:

       I just moved to a new city, I'm broke so now, I work as a  labourer. My new boss is called Max Keller. He's a very intimidating guy from what I've heard. Scary. I wonder what my first assignment will be as a labourer.

   "Hello, a-are you Mr. Max Keller?" I ask.

   "Yes, that's me. Who are you?" 

   "My- My name is Alex." Everyone I talked to was right, this guy's terrifying, he makes me nervous. 

   "Aah, yes, Alex. I have your assignment here for you. You are to report DIRECTLY to your post, understood?"

   "Y-yes sir." I grab the file he hands me, it contains all the details of my new job.

   "A-a miner? I'm a miner?" I'm shocked. They want ME to go down in the mines!? I'm puney, weak. I'd suck at being a miner.

   "That is what is says, isn't it?" He stares at me coldly. Damn, I get really bad vibes from this guy.

  Whatever.  I walk away. The good part is, I'll get housing until I can make enough money to make one for myself. 

                                              *****

   "Hey, are you... Jason?" My file says I'm rooming with a guy named Jason Craig.

   "Yeah, you're... Alex, right?"

   "Yup."

   "What's your job kid?"

   "I'm a miner."

   "Oh, HA, so am I! I guess that wasn't coincidence, birds of a feather,  right?"

   "HA, yeah!" 

    I like Jason, he's cool. 

   "So," he said, "do you want me to show you to your room?"

   "Oh, yeah, sure." I follow him to a room. Damn this room is nice! There's a large window looking out on a field of flowers. The bed is right next to it, so I can get fresh air while I sleep. The whole room is painted a beautiful shade of light grey, with light blue trimming. The bedsheets match the blue trimming. This is NICE! I don't ever wanna leave this place. 

   "How the HELL do you afford all this?!" I ask, shocked.

   "Oh, I don't. The house is government owned, they make you pay rent."

   He leaves me alone and I start unpacking my things. There's a dresser make of chocolately-brown wood on the opposite wall, facing the bed. At the foot of the bed, a large chest sits, made presumably out of the same type of wood as the dresser, as they are almost identical in colour.