Into the Mines

Quackity's POV:

   After I ate breakfast, I head to my post. Here I am, standing infront of this giant gaping hole in the ground. It's super ominous. 

   "Hello."

    I jump out of my skin as I let out a yelp. 

   "Oh, hey Jason. I didn't see you in the house this morning, where were you?"

   "I was visiting my girlfriend before she had to go to work, she leaves earlier than us."

   "Oh, cool. What does she do?"

   "She's a Housecleaner."

   "Nice, should we go in?"

   "Don't be nervous man, it looks scarier than it actually is."

   My face must've shown I was nervous, I'm really shit at hiding my emotions. We walk into the hole, at the entrace there's a bunch of materials we're gonna need; pixaxes, tnt, flint and steel (to light the tnt I guess), and lamps we wear on our heads.
   As we walk deeper in, we see medics coming out of the ditch carrying a dude on a stretcher, the guy's screaming and crying. On further inspection, I notice his entire arm is gone. I feel sick to my stomach and I become dizzy. 

   "Alex...? Are you okay?"

   Jason's voice sounded distant, I could feel myself losing balance. Everything goes black.

                                             *****

   "Alex, are you okay dude? Here drink this."

   "Wha- What happened?"

   "You fainted. I managed to catch you right before you fell. People get injured on the job here all the time. I mean, it's dangerous, y'know? Falling rocks, tunnels caving in, not knowing the proper safe distance from the tnt explosions. You have a weak stomach, yeah? You should probably ask Mr. Keller for a re-stationing."

   "I- I don't wanna go by myself. Sorry, I know that's dumb I just-"

   "No, it's fine, Keller's an intimidating guy, I'll go with you."

   "Really?", He nods, "Thanks Jason!"

   "No problem man, always happy to help a friend!"

                                               *****

   "No!"

   "But Mr. Keller!" I really apreciate Jason sticking up for me while I recover from my fainting spell. "He can't handle being in there!"

   "So?"

   "Soo, MOVE HIM, OR DO YOU WANT YOUR WORKERS TO FAINT AND NOT WORK?"

   "DO NOT RAISE YOUR VOICE AT ME YOUNG MAN, OR YOU WILL BE FIRED AND YOUR HOUSING TAKEN AWAY!"

   "JUST RE-STATION HIM DAMMIT!"

   "FINE! Fine, just get the hell out of my office, I'll have his new assignment mailed to him by tomorrow."

   Jason starts angrily out the door, I go to follow him, but stop. 

   "Th- Thank you Mr. Keller."

   "Whatever, just go." I walk out the door and back home. I go into my room, shut the door, and fall asleep.