The New Mayor

Quackity's POV:

   Part of the deal Keller and I made was that I'd keep working in the mines until he could get my paperwork verified. He said it'd take a day or two, it's been a month.
   Jason is furious, but I honestly don't really care. I understand that paperwork takes a while.

   "Hey, Alex! Did you hear the news?" Jason is running up to me, clearly excited.

   "No, what is it?"

   "There's a new mayor comin' to town!"

   "Okay? And?"

   "No. Alex, you don't understand. Things might get better for us if there's a new guy runnin' this town!"

   "Really?"

   "Yeah! The last lady we had as mayor tried to get Keller fired. She disappeared..."

                                               *****
   The new mayor arrived 30 minutes ago. His name is Mayor Karl Jacobs. He's got short, brown, fluffy hair and grey eyes that look like diamonds.
   He's taller than me by about 5 inches, and pretty skinny too... At least, compared to me. I've always struggled with my weight- I've lost a bunch, but... I still feel insecure.
   I was one of the first people to meet him, I shook his hand and everything. He's got perfect skin- Another thing I'm jealous about- that makes him look like a wax statue.