four

**•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚*

The brightest sun shone through the window of the Bennett household, along with a smile of one certain blonde that matched the energy. The light was a gift in her presence, bold and free.

The man that sat across from her was infatuated, completely and truly. He watched as she spoke to him in such comfort, as though they had been friends for an eternity.

Being right up close to her was different, and no one could see the impossible beauty of the cosmos because physics and biology would not allow anyone outside gravity to understand. She was perfect.

He saw her as he would a painting. Unknowing to what he was going to paint but along the way he would place the pieces together. He did not see her as blonde, blue and fair. She was not brunette, brown and tan. He could not see a single feature as separate or disparate from that entity that was her soul, complete and flawless.

"Forgive me for my forwardness, Celestia. I have enjoyed our conversation this morning ever so, and was wondering if you would like to attend the races this afternoon by my side?" Benedict questioned, noticing how her smile became even wider.

"I would be most delighted, Benedict." Celestia grinned, focusing her eyes to her mother who was sat at the other end of the room as chaperone.

The two gave each other a knowing mother-daughter glance, a glance of excitement.

"I suppose I shall leave you to your other suitors." Benedict rose from his seat. "I believe we have been speaking for quite a while, I do not wish to anger anyone."

"Don't be silly, my lord. It was not long enough." Celestia smiled, the two staring into each other's eyes for a few moments. "I shall find you at the races this afternoon, then."

"Yes, please do." Benedict grinned. "Farewell, Celestia, and to you Lady Bennett."

"It was pleasant, my lord." Catherine smiled, nodding to him slightly as she watched the man leave the room, the door closing behind him.

Benedict left the drawing room, only to find a whole line of suitors queuing up outside of the door, presents in their hands.

"You were in there for quite a long time, Bridgerton." One of the male suitors bitterly spat towards the man.

"I suppose we were caught in conversation and we did not want to be interrupted." Benedict replied. "I suppose you would not want anyone to interrupt your discourse when it is your turn, would you?"

"I say we wait with grace." A voice came from behind the men, emerging outwards, revealing himself to be no other than Anthony Bridgerton himself. "Brother, how unexpected to see you here."

"I doubt it was that unexpected, brother. Miss Bennett is an exceptional woman, I would be a fool not to see it." Benedict countered.

"Well, that is correct, brother. Which is why I wish you escort miss Bennett to the races this afternoon." Anthony puffed his chest out, smirking slightly towards his brother as though he had won this battle.

"Well, it seems she already accepted my invitation to accompany myself this afternoon." Benedict grinned. "I suppose you should have hurried yourself brother, as you now find yourself at the back of a very long line."

**•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚*

"It is a marvel that you love literature as much as I do." Benedict spoke as they walked through the busied field. "Do you enjoy, Byron?"