five

**•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚*

The eldest Bridgerton had became irritated with the attitude of Celestia Bennett. He was disgusted with the way she spoke to him, her words were anything but peaceful. However, he could not help but be pulling towards her.

Everytime he saw her, his heart skipped a beat, as cliche as it sounded. Then he would have to remind himself of his duty to his household and that he had to find the perfect wife, not a wife that would pose an issue.

The other conflict within himself is his brother's keen interest in the woman. Anthony had always gotten what he wanted, and Benedict always accepted that. No matter what it was. He felt guilty for attempting to take this from him too.

Anthony released all his tension whilst he fenced with his two younger brothers, exclaiming all his hatred for the girl with every clang of his sword against Colin's.

"She is pompous and arrogant and quite sure she knows best in every situation." Anthony gruntled, groaning loudly as he stepped back to his position.

"She sounds like a terrible nuisance." Colin nodded, not wanting to disagree with Anthony seeing as he held a tight grip of the sword in his hand.

"Especially since you are the one who knows best in every situation, apparently." Benedict rolled his eyes, not favouring the conversation.

Anthony and Colin continued to fence, Colin becoming the denominator as Anthony became the victor, his sword falling to the ground as he bested him.

"And the victor of every match today." Colin commented.

"Less talking, more fencing." Anthony gruntled out, wanting to release his aggravations. He turned to Benedict, urging him to take Colin's place. "Brother."

Benedict sighed as he took the sword from Colin, the two looked at each other wearily, knowing Anthony was not in the right mood. Benedict and Anthony started to spar.

"Do you know why I win everytime?" Anthony grunted, the two fencing.

"Because every time you lose, you claim we cheated." Benedict exclaimed, hitting the sword off of Anthony's back as they swapped sides

"Because I know my duties." Anthony exclaimed. "What my purpose are and how to obtain them. Which I will do when I make Miss Celestia my viscountess."

Benedict stiffened at his words, hitting his sword harder against Anthony's, the tension between them building. However, Anthony bested him this round.

"Miss Celestia and I are well-suited. She may have an attitude, but that can be thinned out once she learns her duties. She is the diamond, and I promised to make the diamond my wife." Anthony stated.

"What he means to say is that, he is forcing his self upon the young lady, who clearly does not show an interest in him." Benedict rephrased, becoming even more agitated.

"You take too much upon yourself, brother." Colin stated from the bench. "Perhaps your life might be easier if you pursued someone with a less disagreeable persona."

"Why should I be the one to admit defeat?" Anthony exclaimed, rubbing his hand against his head as he readied himself in his position, raising his sword, only to bring it back down, causing Benedict to stumble. "Regardless of which young lady I have chosen to pursue, there would've always been some obstinate father, or meddlesome aunt in the picture, or a lady with a most disgusting way of speaking. I should certainly not let some lady, especially one younger than me, keep me from carrying out my duties."