chapter 10

A week had passed since the incident at Chloe's and luckily there had been no repeat of events; at least not to Beca's knowledge. She was sitting in her philosophy class aimlessly taking notes when she felt her phone vibrate in her pocket. It was a message from Chloe reading: I think it's about time I took you on a date, to make up for last week x. Beca eagerly replied arranging a time, and suddenly couldn't wait to get out of philosophy. After class she had a Bella's rehearsal, but the thought of Chloe being in the same room as her made the whole thing a lot more bearable. Beca sat behind her desk daydreaming about the date that night, and it took one of her classmates bashing into her as he walked by to snap her out of the trance. She looked around at the class emptying and speedily packed up her bags to head to rehearsal.

To say she was shocked when she walked in the hall was an understatement, as not only were the Bellas sitting there, but the Treble Makers were too. Cautiously she walked over and said, "What's going on?" Every one of the Bellas remained silent as she sat down, and they definitely didn't look pleased at the boys' intrusion. Eventually Bumper stood up and explained, "Kori told us that she was kicked out of your group just for sleeping with one of us. We just wanted to make a point about how unfair that is, because none of you ladies should be denied the pleasure of a world-rocking night with one of us." As he finished he winked at Stacie, who gave a flirty smile back. She was about to stand up but Chloe, who was sitting next to the sex-crazed girl, put her hand on Stacie's shoulder and pushed her down into the seat. Then, a boy whom Beca vaguely recognised stood up and looked at her and Chloe. "And if you two ever want to experience life on the other team, I'd be down with that."

Chloe's mouth dropped open and Beca stared in shock at the boy, and they finally remembered him as the guy who saw them kiss at the aca-party the other week. At the time they didn't think anything of it and just assumed that he would be too drunk to remember what he saw, but evidently they thought wrong. Fat Amy and Aubrey stayed silent not wanting to let on that they already knew, but the other girls didn't do well hiding their shock. Cynthia-Rose spun round and said, "I knew it!" Whereas Lilly just looked scared, and Stacie looked confused and spoke up, "But, Chloe and Beca aren't going to change teams. They're happy in the Barden Bella's and also, the Trebles are an all-boys group. Why would they want to change to that team?" Muffled laughter spread across the room until Cynthia took it upon herself to quietly explain it all to Stacie. Beca sunk down in her chair and wished for the ground to swallow her up there and then. She locked eyes with Jesse – her friend from the radio station, and pleaded with her eyes for him to say something and stop people talking about it, but he just sat there silently.

Much to everyone's surprise Aubrey stood up and said, "You need to leave. You've made your point about Kori, so now you can go and let us get on with rehearsal." Slowly the Trebles got up and sauntered out of the room. Chloe turned to Aubrey and mouthed, "Thank you," with a grateful smile. Even Beca had to admit she was thankful for the blonde standing up for them, and then making everyone work extra hard in rehearsal to take their minds off the recent revelation. After three hours of cardio and going over and over the 'I Saw a Sign' choreography, Aubrey decided to call it a day. Beca walked up to Chloe and said, "See you at six at your place?" Chloe nodded, and realising that there was no point in hiding it any more she leant over and gave Beca a quick kiss. From the other side of the room they heard someone cheer and wolf whistle, and spun round to see Fat Amy fist pumping the air. "Sorry," the Australian said, "I'm just really excited for you guys." The two girls laughed, and even Aubrey had to smirk at Amy's behaviour. Beca waved goodbye to them and then left to get ready for their date.

As the room emptied Chloe turned to her best friend and said, "You didn't have to do that, but I'm glad you did." Aubrey smiled but looked at the floor, feeling slightly embarrassed. Then, returning to her normal self she took Chloe by the arm and said, "Come on, let's go and get you a new outfit for your hot date tonight." Chloe grinned and allowed herself to be pulled by Aubrey, unbelievably glad that her best friend was showing signs of liking and accepting Beca. They walked off arm in arm and headed for the shops. Meanwhile in the Baker Hall dorm, Beca was frantically pulling out several different outfits. She was definitely wearing skinny jeans – she knew that much. But then it was a question of heels or flats? Formal or casual top? Jacket or sweater? After an hour of deliberation, she decided on a deep red vest top with a silvery grey scarf, her leather jacket and low black boot heels. Noticing the time she grabbed her clothes and a towel, and ran down to the shower rooms.