NINE

"So you're telling me that your new barista recognized Sanzu's name?" Mochi raised a brow as he took a sip of his coffee

"Yup"

"And what makes you think that?"

"Okay," Ran turned his head to Mochi, "she brought out a bunch of painkillers cuz I have a hangover yeah? Then I unconsciously said something along the lines of her having more drugs than Sanzu,"

"Okay.."

"Her demeanor changed when I mentioned his name."

"You know, she might've been just curious?"

"I'm telling you this shits weird. She also happens to be really close with Hanma."

"Okay that's a bit odd, didn't know he has friends"

"Exactly, when I asked him about it he didn't say shit, only told me that Mei isn't her real name,"

"She's definitely hiding something... from everyone to say the least. What normal civilian would go out of their way to change their identity?"

"And not to bring up the past, but remember the fight of Tenjiku?"

Mochi visibly stiffened at his colleagues' words.

"Hmm"

"That boy you fought, Chifuyu? Yeah she knows him too."

"Keep an extremely close eye on her, and tell Sanzu about it."

Walking into the Bonten headquarters, Ran and Mochi both scanned fingerprints on the padlock to the elevator. Everything in the building was covered in locks and security checks, they are wanted criminals after all.

The elevator bell chimed when they arrived at the top floor of the building. Kakucho was the only executive in sight. He was sitting on a couch with his laptop, making a phone call.

"Where's Sanzu?" Ran mouthed to the ravenette, who pointed his finger to the meeting room which was currently not in use.

The two walked towards the room, opening the heavy doors only to find their pink haired colleague sleeping on the table.

Seriously?

"Sanzu" Ran addressed.

"mmm"

"Sanzu!"

"Go away" he mumbled against the table, barely audible for them to hear, digging his head further into his arms.

"Mikey needs you," Ran lied.

Sanzu's head shot up instantly and looked around the room for his white haired boss.

"You're full of bullshit," The younger Akashi grumbled, resting his chin in his hand as he rubbed one eye.