𝙸𝙸

𝐃 𝐑 𝐀 𝐂 𝐎

Sitting at a table beside Granger may be the worst mistake I've ever made in my whole shitty life. I regret it with every cell in my body.

I pushed a bottle of milk in Scorpius' mouth and ensured that he stayed quiet till the Start of the Term Feast was over. He might look like me outside, but his character was too Astoria coded. I wrapped him in his so-called-towel and put him on my shoulder.

I was highly determined not to raise him telling about the Pureblood supremacy, like how I was raised  to hate everyone around me. I hated the fact that my father never really cared about me. Being in Hogwarts reminded me more of that. 

McGonagall stood up again after the feast had ended. "Now, the Prefects will lead you to your dorms, and no one is allowed out of your common room after curfew, Good Luck"

With that, I could hear a rumbling sound of dragging and pulling of tables and chairs, like how we used to do, back in our years at Hogwarts and students chatting with their friends, probably telling a huge story of their summer holidays. 

"We should go", Granger muttered beside me.

I nodded. Something in my insides had some pity for her. She is suffering whatever Astoria had a year ago, which had and is scaring me. I never knew nausea and dizziness was so common during pregnancy until I saw and experienced it with her. I still think it is cursed or unlucky.

"Er, Draco", Granger called me. 

Wait. What.the.fuck?!. She fucking called me Draco?.... she calls me only Malfoy. There's got to be some witchcraft behind this.

"Don't you call me Malfoy?", I asked after snapping my thoughts away. 

"We're colleagues now," she said. Her eyes looked at me with peace and her eyebrows scrunched together, making her more....

"I don't care", I snapped, maybe I was a bit harsh. "Call me Malfoy, that sounds better"

I never thought that Malfoy sounded better than Draco, honestly. But there I was, the situation was playing a game of snakes and ladders with my life. 

"Okay Malfoy, can we go to the corridor where our rooms are located opposite each other?", She asked in a very big sentence which took me time to realize that it was said in the right grammar.

I nodded. I didn't know what to say. I think I am out of words once in a while when I look directly at her, or maybe I was wrong. Indeed yes, but Granger looked pretty.

Shit, Draco... stop thinking about her. She can't be prettier than Astoria.

We walked silently, without talking to each other, to that corridor. That corridor looked as if it was designed specially for us. I had two big rooms opposite each other, and no other room or office in that floor, which pretty much says that 'Even Scorpius cries like hell, nobody will hear it'

Granger cleared her throat. "So, if you need any help, you can knock on this door, anytime... whether it may be in the middle of the night"

I nodded again, I did look awkward, when I said nothing like that to her. She went inside and closed the door behind her. 

Okay, what do we do now?

I entered our room, which looked really comfortable. It had different shelves, and I particularly liked the book shelf to the north of the room. I laid Scorpius on his cradle and prayed to Salazar that he won't wake up again.