Chapter 6

After driving through the mid-afternoon into night they had made it to Kansas just as exhaustion is catching up to them a bit they were determined to get to Cherokee County which would lead them to Roseland. Jana couldn't sleep or sit still the whole way their knowing that she was almost to her destination Angel kept smiling at her trying to calm Jana down some but she just wasn't able to contain the excitement.

Angel drove the last stretch into their new neighborhood as they saw their new house coming into view Jana literally was all over her seat in paces with excitement seeing the cute two story house with two bedroom,two bath doll house that they have found online for a reasonable price. It is in need of some painting,flower beds along the house,a fence for the back yard for the cute dogs they have planned to adopt, and just many more plans to make the home look amazing.

Angel had just parked the truck in their new driveway as Jana jumped out the door and literally just grinned from ear to ear as she gave Angel a quick kiss on the cheek saying,

"I am going to my parent's house that is a few doors down to let them know we have arrive, oh my goodness this is exciting."

Angel just let Jana go to her parent's as she watched the love of her life beamed with excitement to be back in her home state even though Angel was with pure exhaustion and knew the truck had to be returned by that afternoon but she needed rest, so she went to the door unlocked it letting herself in as she sighed knowing that their is no air conditioning or anything yet since they just shut everything off at the apartment. As soon as she explored the house since all they saw were picture's from the Realtor she wanted to admire the home in her own way, she heard Jana calling her.

Angel walked towards the front yard again seeing Jana with her parent's this made her sweat because they knew about her but nothing more. As she walked toward them Jana pulled her long a little faster as she reached them, she stopped mid-way from causing Jana to crash into them. Jana led the introduction turns out her mother Mary Johnson and her father Gabriel Johnson are very sweet and accepting.

They have given Angel a welcoming hug with kissing her cheeks after talking for a few Angel let out another frustrated sigh not meaning to in front of Jana's parents but they can see the struggle as Gabriel asked,

"What's wrong Angel?"

Angel looked over at the truck then back at Gabriel replying,

"I have to have the truck back to the U-Haul by this afternoon and we still need rest an to unpack everything, I am so exhausted from driving I can barely function."

Gabriel patted Angel on the back responding,

"Give me the keys, Mary, take the girls back to the house to let them rest, I am going to contact a few neighbors to help get the girls settled in. See you all in a few hours or so."

Angel handed over the keys to the truck and house as they went back with Mary to their house to rest for a while which Jana ended up staying up a little while longer catching up with her mom.

After sleeping several hours Angel woke up refreshed and ready to go as soon as she heard everyone in the kitchen talking Angel got dressed an headed downstairs to see that sure enough Jana and her parent's were talking. Jana's parent's nodded to Jana to turn around as soon as she did Jana ran up to Angel giving her a hug and kiss on the lips than releasing saying,

"You look beautiful as ever with sleep finally. I haven't slept all day, I'm on super excitement mode today since we got here and dad got our house set up plus turned on everything in his name so we don't have to pay for much except renting and get our pets soon after we set the plants in the front yard an get the fence up which dad is helping with too."