•❃𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚘𝚗𝚎❃•

Prologue: You're on your way to a blind date that your best friend set up for you.

Your outfit .・゜゜・

୨⎯ The date⎯୧It was nine o-clock on the dot and pitch black outside on a summer night when you had arrived at your destination

The date
It was nine o-clock on the dot and pitch black outside on a summer night when you had arrived at your destination. You adjusted your shirt as you stepped out of your Uber and approached the fancy looking restaurant in front of you. Seeing how nice the restaurant looked through the glass made you second guess your outfit choice even more as if you weren't already indecisive enough about it. However, it was too late now and you already made it here so there was no going back. You sucked it up and walked inside through the revolving door.

Once again you admired how beautiful the restaurant was but only from inside now. You snapped out of your temporary awe and quickly remembered what you were actually here for. You grabbed your phone from your purse and pulled up a picture of your date that your best friend sent to you. You looked around the restaurant and noticed that he wasn't here yet so you took it upon yourself to get a table in advance.

You were sat down at a table for two near a window by an employee. You nervously waited at the table for your date to arrive. You had never been set up on a blind date before and you weren't sure what to expect. Time passed and your date still wasn't here yet. The restaurant was starting to get empty because it was closing soon and you began to feel as if you were being stood up. You felt embarrassed and wanted to leave.

You got your stuff together and you were ready to leave the restaurant until you heard the bell on the door ring. You brought your gaze upon a young man with slightly pinkish hair and an undercut. He had just rushed in and stopped to look around the room. You immediately recognize him as the guy from the photo. He looks over and notices you as well then rushes over.

"You're y/n right?!" He says slightly out of breath.

"Uhm..yeah!" You say surprised. "And you're Yuji right? I didn't think you were coming."

"Yeah I'm really sorry about that it's a long story."He says as he scratches the back of his head nervously.

"Well it's pretty late. I've been waiting here for a while and the restaurant is closing soon so I'm planning on going home. It was nice finally meeting you but maybe we could meet again another time." You grab your purse and begin to head out but you feel a hand grab yours stopping you from moving any further.

You turn around startled by the sudden hand to hand contact just to see a determined look on the young man's face.

"Can I make it up to you?" He says.

You could tell by the look on his face that he was serious and genuine so you decided to hear him out.

"Sure you can. How though?"

"We could go somewhere right now."

"Now?" You asked confused. "Couldn't we just go another day? I don't think there's any restaurants that are still open at this time."

"Yes right now and don't worry I have somewhere in mind" he says with a smile on his face. He grabs your hand and leads you outside the restaurant to his car.

Shortly after you and Yuji arrived at what you assumed from the outside was a bar and from the looks of it you were right. The dimly-lit bar was bustling with chatter and laughter, as soft music played in the background. The flickering candles on each table cast a warm and inviting glow, creating a cozy and intimate atmosphere.

The two of you sat at a small, round table in the corner, nestled in the shadows. The two of you looked into each other's eyes, illuminated by the candlelight. The sound of clinking glasses and muffled conversations faded into the background as the two of you focused on each other.

The bartender poured you and Yuji a glass of red wine, the rich aroma filling the air. Although you thought the date was really romantic you still didn't know anything about your date. All the awkward smiling and eye contact every once in a while bugged you so you decided to break the ice.

"Soo..how'd you know about this place? I've never been here before."

"I know the owner. He took me in as a kid when no one else would. So now i work here just so I could pay him back. I feel like I owe him but he always tells me that I don't owe him anything."

"The owner sounds like a pretty nice guy" you smile.

He chuckles and says "he does doesn't he?"

"But enough about me and the owner. Let's talk about you. Why don't you tell me a little about yourself?"He rests his elbow on the table and leans in closer giving you his undivided attention.

"So for starters my name is y/n. I'm 20 years old. I was born on (insert b-day). I moved away from my family and friends at 18 years old  for college. As of now I'm technically still a freshman but by the end of this summer I'll be a sophomore."

"Nice! I'm a freshman in college at the moment too but I'm thinking of transferring. After a year of going there I just feel like I don't belong. I feel like there could better options and opportunities for me elsewhere."

"I get that. I didn't really feel comfortable during my first year of college. Especially because I was away from my friends and family. But now I really like it because of the friends I made and experiences I've had along the way."

"So! Do you have any colleges in mind?"

"I do actually!" He says excitedly. There's a couple but I'm really leaning towards one because some of my friends from high school are there and because overall it's a pretty good school."

"Well I'm sure you'll make the right choice. Whatever school you decide on going to will be the right one for sure!" You smile.

"Yeah, thanks!" He smiles back.

As the night went on, you realized you were having the best time you've ever had with a guy in a long time. You never expected to meet someone so amazing on a blind date. The two of you exchanged phone numbers and made plans to see each other again.