Chapter 1

Isabella POV (Present day)

Beep

Beep

Ugh, this damn alarm clock. I swear one day I will end that clock. I couldn't sleep good because of these damn nightmares.

"Mars, what time is it?", I asked in a sleepy voice, sitting up.

"It's um... 6:35 am", he responds, handing a cup of coffee. I know it already has a load of milk and sugar and I love my coffee like that.

Shit, I have no time to be drinking coffee, I woke up late. They are going to punish me, I just know. I start to get up from old- beat up mattress, if you can even call that a mattress.

"Don't worry I took care of it", he says pushing me back on to the mattress.

"You made their breakfast!", I whisper yell.

One thing you need to know is that he sucks at cooking, he burns everything he cooks.

"What,you were sleeping and I didn't want to wake you, Bella. I know you have problems falling asleep, so I thought I let you sleep.", he says softly.

I know he means good but I am going to get punished but him because I have to their food. I sigh. "It's okay, I know you tried but next time wake up me okay", I say to him.

"Isabella, get now here. NOW!", says a voice I recognize as Laura, yelling the last part.

I get up from the mattress, handing my cup to Mars and heading downstairs. When I get there, I'm met with a pissed Laura and John.

Before Laura married John, she was nice and so was John. We had movie nights, get ice cream and went to the park. Everything was fine but like they say something good last forever. At first he would make up lies like saying "Dear, they told me to shut up because I'm not their real dad", or "Dear they hit me and respected me that's why I hit them, you know I love them like my own."

They started hitting for a lot of dumb reasons like getting home late by a minute or two, punished. Didn't make the food on time, punished. Didn't clean the home, punished. Ate without permission, punished. Didn't buy beer for them, punished. We would get punished for every little thing.

"You call this food, you ungrateful bitch", she says, pushing the plate to me.

She starts walking to me and finally she stops when she's close to me. She starts to punch me in the stomach. I let out a yap and that when I see Mars coming out downstairs to see what's happening and to say the least he looked livid. He looked like he was going to murder someone. He glares at John who is coming closer to where me and Laura are.

"Careful, how you glare at me, boy", says John, now walking to Mars.

"And if I don't?", says Mars with the same attitude that John is giving him.

"Then you get punished like your sister here, who is about to be punished for the mistakes she made", Laura says, continuing to punch me in the stomach.

She stops for a bit and I fall to the cold ground. I have to be strong. They can't see me like this. I have to be strong, I know I'm strong. I'm strong enough to kill them but a she's my mom b I have to clean up the blood that they spill and c the police, they're too much trouble.

"Now Isabella get up and turn around, your back facing me", John says, walking to me.

I do as I'm told, though I think my ribs are broken. They hurt when I try to get up, but now I still get up even if my body is screaming to stop. I'm up and my back facing John. I pull my shirt and that's when I fell the belt making contact with my skin. I promise myself that no matter how bad it hurts I won't cry. They can try as hard as they can but I won't cry.