1: the airplane

I hug my grandma for the last time and say: 'I'll be back on Christmas to celebrate.' she nods and gives me a small box, she said it's for when I landed in the US. I'm exited to go to the US for college, there are a few things I'm scared of thought. I've almost never been to a foreign country, other than Italy and now I'm flying to the US! My English is good, but I know no one over there so everything is gonna be new. I followed lots of people who moved to a foreign country alone so I'm a bit prepared, but still scared.

'First time flying, love?' a guy sits next to me. I know him from something, I don't know from what but he looks familiar. I nod: 'Yes, do I know you from something?' the guy laughs. I recognize the laugh too. 'I'm William, we were in the same class in primary school, remember?' I laugh: 'Oh, yeah. Were you that boy that always made fun of Ms. Padle's scarfs?' As he nods I remember more and more things about him, even that I had a big fat crush on him. My cheeks turn bright red, I don't see it, I feel it. William sees it too. 'What?' he asks. 'Oh, nothing, I just remembered some more things about you and well, you know Skye? My best friend back then, she always made fun of the way I looked at you and well, she figured out that I had the biggest crush on you.' the words leave my mouth before I can stop it. Did I really just confess that I had feelings for him when we were like eight or nine years old? Please tell me I didn't. William laughs ad then says: 'O well, Aphrodite, I had a big crush on you too, don't worry. It faded away really quickly, because we didn't go to the same school after that.' I nod: 'The same happened to me, why are you actually flying to the US?'
'I got family there and there's a really good college over there so... Yeah, I never visited that part of the family and when my dad showed me pictures I knew that was the place I wanted to go. What about you?' I tell him that I got a scholarship at a college and when I tell him which college I go to he says: 'OMG, I go there too!' when I heard that it felt like a balloon just popped in my stomach and suddenly I could breathe a lot better. I wasn't alone, I was going to a college with someone I knew, I didn't know them very well, but I wasn't alone. Then a stewardess came up and told us we were going to fly. When we were up in the air William and I talked most of the time.
When we were landing I finally got the courage to say: 'I'm happy I'm going to the US with you and not alone.' he smiles and says: 'I'm happy were going on this journey together.' And then he places his hand on my leg.