|09| Uninvited Visitor.

Cassio

I think im going to murder someone.

When I thought about my elder brother Killian, I thought many things. Intelligent, strategic, capable... But never would I have thought that he was a fucking traitor.

While I am attempting to kill one of the Beaumont women, he was marrying into the family. Killian was a strategist, so I usually trusted that everything he did had a purpose. However, I couldn't fathom what strategy marrying Rai Beaumont might serve.

He could have chosen any woman he wanted. Being the eldest son and the leader of our fathers mafia empire, there were plenty of options available to him. Yet, he chose Rai.

I wasn't there when Delmore Beaumont made his speech and announced the engagement. I had to take care of something else at the same time. But I do remember losing my shit.

Seated casually on a leather chair in front of the large window of "my" apartment, I keep my phone pressed to my ear, Killian's voice on the other end of the line. "I must admit, brother, your choice of in-laws is quite intriguing. Did you plan on ending the feud with a wedding cake instead of a peace treaty?" I ask, my tone laced with sarcasm.

"I have my reasons for everything," Killian's voice resonates through the phone, his tone firm and unwavering.

Killian, as he usually does, takes his time with such crucial matters, meticulously analyzing every angle before committing to significant decisions. However this time...

He is hiding something from me.

I adopt a playful yet demanding tone. "What are you hiding from me?" I ask, curiosity tinged with a hint of mischief.

Killian responds with a serious tone, "There are things you don't need to know, Cassio," he states firmly. "But since you insist on secrets," he continues, "What exactly is your connection with Saint Beaumont?"

My jaw tightens as her name leaves his lips. I lift my gaze towards the window, my eyes fixing on her figure across the building. She sits there, all alone on her couch.

We were seen together at the Vendetta Gala, but unlike Killian, I didn't immediately decide to put a ring on her finger.

"You're right, Killian, there are things we don't need to know about each other," I respond evenly. "But you must understand that my concerns with Saint Beaumont are purely business-related. As much as we despise each other's families, there's no personal involvement."

There's a moment of silence on the line before Killian acknowledges, "Fair enough."

"But speaking of secrets, Killian," my voice drops slightly. "What exactly are your intentions with Rai Beaumont? Marrying into the family won't erase decades of enmity."

"My intentions are my own," Killian replies sharply before continuing. "Besides, we will have dinner at the Beaumonts," he says, his tone firm.

"Thank you so much, Killian. Dinner at the Beaumonts has always been my dream," I retort sarcastically, annoyance evident in my voice.

"Don't be..." Killian starts to say, but I don't listen any further. Saint has caught my full attention as she lifts herself from the couch and makes her way towards her bedroom, closing the door behind her.