3

These days all I feel is People Watching by Conan Gray and all I see around me are couples. All my friends either have boyfriends or crushes and I am both crush less and boyfriend less.

It's just been a month since I got over a huge crush over my ex best friend and knowing the fact that he had a girlfriend helped me get over him faster, I've always prayed for him to get a good girl and he has gotten what he deserves. It was painful in the start, but I eventually got over it.

I and my friends hanged out today and one of my friends was having a hidden date with her boyfriend, also all my college best friend does is talk about her boyfriend and all my friends keep talking about is their crushes and I have nothing to talk about and all I do is listen to all that they say. All these things end upmaking me feel like People Watching. At this point it is my life's theme song.

During covid, while trying to pass through those lockdown days I had come across a channel called Filtercopy the channel is filled with short films about different types of couples and their stories. One common thing about most of the stories was they would use dating websites like Bumble, Tinder and other such sites.

Looking at this couple that was on a date when it was supposed to be just us friends... I and my friend Delilah decide to download Bumble just to pass some time and maybe not feel so single.

We come back to our hostel room and download the app and for some reason mine is taking too long but then it gets installed in her phone and the first profile she gets is a guy called Bhavish Prakasam, his profile suits me so much and over all the things in his profile he's a Telugu?? He's also really cute, my heart is filled with butterflies just by looking at his profile. I already know we are going to be perfect for each other and I feel something very pleasant about this.

This is the first time I've ever moved out of my house. I'm a Malayalee but I was born, brought up and lived all my life in Hyderabad. I've wanted to have a hostel experience and get to know what it is to stay away from home and what better place could I find than to move to Tambaram which is less than 700 kms from home, takes only about 12 hours to travel, kind of an overnight journey and ever since I moved out of home the thing I miss the most about home is Telugu people and Hyderabadi Hindi.

I ask her to send his profile to me and she does so and that is when my app installs. I open her recommendation and my first swipe, my first right swipe is him, Bhavish Prakasam. A mere few seconds later we match, and we hit it off right away. I keep checking his profile again and again. The more I look at his profile I feel like it's going to be a walk down a beautiful broken road.