Twilight Shadows

Forks, Washington

My POV

"She's so beautiful."

"I think she's handsome."
"She's unlike anyone I've seen in Forks."

"I wonder where she's from."

"I wonder if she's single."

'Humans are so loud.' I think.

I had driven up into the parking lot of Forks High School in my grey GT Fastback Mustang.

"She's as handsome as that car."

Walking into the school, I went to the office, where I turned heads with the secretaries and teachers.

"I was coming in for my schedule," I say.

My voice was low-pitched and smooth, as some people tell me. The secretary nodded slowly, but I could tell by her smell that she was aroused.

"I-I'll just need your name," she asks.

"Athena. Athena Brooks." I tell.

The secretary searches for my paperwork as I smell the arousal of all the females in the room.

'At least I won't be without a supply of food.' I think.

The secretary, Ms. Thomas, hands me my paperwork from her plaque, and I take it with a sly but seductive smile.

"Thank you, Ms. Thomas," I say huskily.

"Y-your welcome. Please feel free to stop by if you need anything." Ms. Thomas says.

"I'll be sure to do that," I tell, smiling at her.

I walk out, looking at my paperwork as I walk down the hallway.

"Maybe she's Quileute like Jake and Leah."

"Quileutes don't go here."

I look up just in time for a boy to approach me.

"Hi. I'm Eric Yorkie. Resident helper for new students." Eric says.

"I see," I say.

His face slowly creeps up red when I speak, making me smirk.

"So, resident helper, can you help me find this history class?" I ask, showing him my papers.

He looks them over but pales at the whole list.

"Y-your in all honors classes," Eric says.

"These subjects are easy." I shrug.

He nods slightly at this but helps me find my history class. Once I entered, I was immediately assaulted by scents.

Three vampiric scents.

I look around and see those three vampires staring. I locked eyes with one angelic beauty and lost myself in her golden eyes.

"You must be our new student. Welcome to Advance History. My name is Mr. Bailey." Mr. Bailey says.

"Athena Brooks. Nice to meet you." I say.

Some students' breath hitched at my voice, and the teacher's breath hitched at mine. He shakes off the initial shock.
"As a part of the class tradition, we test our students to see if they can learn in this class: five questions and only correct answers. Are you up for it?" he asks.

"Sure, why not," I say.

"When was the end of the Golden Age of Islam?"

"1258."