Marc's POV: Church Service

Marc Spector & Khonshu & Reader

Summary: Marc's getting sick of a mutual and goes to see someone about dealing with it. It just so happens to be in one of Khonshu's least favorite places; a church.

~~~

Only a few steps to walk up before he'd need to push the large wooden double doors. Before he made it past the threshold he was forced to stop when a large towering god stood in his way.

"You are trespassing on a foreign, inferior religion. My religion is the only true one, those who seek refuge in false gods will learn that they have made a grave mistake on the day of my judgement. Even now, my followers have the power to cast them into the pit. I can only imagine what will happen when they are face-to-face with me. They will beg for mercy but no mercy will be given."

"You're against all Catholics now? Great. We got enough going on without you adding another problem."

"You are contemplating entering our enemy's domain. I am the god of the night sky and Catholicism revolves around the sun of the day. These two beliefs are not compatible, and the Catholic church would have me dead."

"Pretty sure they're not the only ones."

"Well aware of that, and something you will be forced to resolve. We're talking about a hypothetical scenario, one where you are dumb enough to walk into a church that would want to kill you. I imagine you are much smarter than that."

He wasn't.

An elderly lady scaled the steps and Marc sidestepped her, moving past Khonshu to open the door and offer her a strained smile. She passed through the god without so much as a blink. Khonshu remained where he stood, staring down Marc in an attempt to make him back down. Instead, he tipped his cap down to look back out to the street before doing something as stupid as stepping into a church.

Surprisingly, he didn't magically self-combust or anything like that. No-one turned on him. Khonshu had been overreacting again. He walked down the aisle, looking at the backs of heads in the seats until he found the one he needed. Sliding in he moved to sit beside the person he wanted to talk to.

"He's overstepping now." He got right to the point, tone low and doing a bad job at hiding his annoyance at his little escapade together with one of their mutuals. "Either you get rid of him or I will. I swear to god I'll set his couch on fire." That got a little gasp from a nearby nosy busybody. Marc's jaw set as he gave her a look. Glancing down at his hands instead. He needed to be more mindful of how he spoke here.