Layla's POV: Museum Meet

Layla El Faouly & Steven Grant

Summary: Layla's been stressing about her missing husband, only to find him in a museum acting unlike himself.

~~~

Marc was missing. That in itself wasn't the most unusual thing to happen. In her time knowing him, he'd been kidnapped more times than she could count. He'd be back in no time she'd assure herself. Then the days led into weeks, then into months. The time of it had started to worry her, but nothing set her off more than receiving those divorce papers.

She'd finally tracked him down to one of the bigger Museums in London. She was hoping he was being kept in one of the sarcophagus' somewhere in the back, and sending divorce papers was his only way of getting her to look a little harder. What she hadn't prepared for was seeing him through the glass of the gift shop, as happy as anything, serving a customer like he'd always done that. Not a care in the world.

All this time she'd been losing her mind, and he was doing just fine without her.

Layla strode in like a bull going into a china shop. Her anger barely contained. That look in her eye when she stormed right up to him to fold her arms and glower his way just long enough for the customer to leave them alone for a moment.

"I came here thinking I had to break you out, and I find you working here?! What the hell are you doing?"