The Emerl Arc (Summary)

(This arc has more fuzzier parts than the first, and I'll take criticism btw!!)

After his fight against Sonic and Knuckles, Emerl went to a location that is currently unknown. Rouge asks Emerl what had happened, and Emerl explains that Knuckles is no longer working alone, and his partner can wield the power of the Master Emerald. Rouge is surprised and asks about the appearance of the person Knuckles had worked with, and Emerl admits he couldn't get a good look at his unaltered appearance due to him only exiting his super form as he fell into water, and because the person had no distinct articles of clothing (Sonic didn't have his jacket on as he fought). Rouge seems annoyed at how inconvenient this makes the search, before a third undefined person tells Rouge that she should try to locate Knuckles, and then learn about his partner. Rouge nods, accepting the task. Emerl says he'll find out who the person is, but the third person insists on Rouge doing it, as Rouge is stealthier and less blood thirty, as well as her knowing more people. Emerl begrudgingly agrees, and Rouge looks smug due to her being better than Emerl for this. The third person reminds the two that there's a reason they need the Master Emerald, to get Dr. Robotnik back.

Emerl was an android made by Gerald Robotnik over fifty years ago and was created to serve the Robotnik bloodline. Dr. Ivo Robotnik, also known as Dr. Eggman, has Emerl's allegiance.

(This part is fuzzy at the moment, but it's important later) Dr. Eggman is currently trapped in a place that's not exactly on Earth. (I might take inspiration from special stages or Null Space, but I'd appreciate ideas. It's supposed to be like the Darklands from Trollhunters. Eggman is still able to live there and create robots, but he wants out)

Rouge is an ally of the Eggman Empire, but her motivations are unknown currently. She's a community college student, and lives on campus. The third person seems very interested in Dr. Robotnik and seems to idolize him.

Emerl and Rouge seem to be brought together by the third person, even though it seems that nobody really cares about each other.

(This part will just be a summary, since I don't know how it'd go down.) Rouge would look for Knuckles and find him and Sonic. Rouge recognizes Sonic as one of the track team athletes, and she also finds herself crushing on Knuckles. Something would happen where Rouge is shown as being an antagonist, and also her name would likely be used. Rouge would end up retreating in the end.

She meets up with Emerl and their common ally and informs them that Knuckles' new partner is Sonic, a highschooler who's a track runner. Her ally is taken aback, and inquires further, before excusing himself. This is when the common ally is revealed to be none other than Starline, who is Sonic's science teacher. Starline thinks to himself, recounting how Sonic had always been the adventurous type, and then a wicked smile grew on his face as he thought about how this could be advantageous. The school has records of Sonic, and the fact that he normally holds power over his new adversary. Starline begins to take a subtle interest in Sonic in school, asking Sonic more questions, and focusing more attention on him.

Sonic becomes stressed about his workload, juggling school, track, training with Knuckles, and learning about the Master Emerald. Sonic notices Starline's interest, and just chalks it up to him being worried about his stress. Most afternoons, if Sonic doesn't have track, Knuckles will book up his afternoon with either training or telling him about the history of the Master Emerald. The story of Tikal and Chaos, Chao, (and maybe why Dr. Robotnik was sealed away, though I'm not sure why or how it happens yet).

Over time, Amy becomes gradually suspicious of Sonic, as he's repeatedly had to cancel study sessions (Note: She's an honors English student and helps Sonic) with her with no given reason. She's concerned, makes off handed comments to Sticks and Sally, who are both friends of hers. She also asks Tails about what's going on, but she gets nowhere with it. Amy is also a babysitter, often looking after Cream while Vanilla is busy.