Shadow Arc (Summary)

Once Starline goes on hiatus, he uses the time to go to Gerald Robotnik's laboratory. Starline had already studied up on Gerald Robotnik through Emerl's backed up memory files. Starline is searching for a secretive endeavor for an immortal being, putting a high concentration of Chaos Energy into a man-made human, a homunculus, Project Shadow.

Starline had researched for several years prior, and he found Gerald's old laboratory that was used after the raid on the ARK, but prior to Gerald Robotnik's execution. It has since been abandoned with Shadow inside, the lab's design keeping Shadow hidden from anyone without the proper information.

Starline drove to the coordinates listed, and when reaching the facility, he searched the facility, following the map that Emerl has in his data. Finally reaching the room with Shadow, Starline looks around for files on Project Shadow, getting a more vivid idea of Shadow, his capabilities, weaknesses, and character.

The notes shown a few things, such as Shadow's inhibitor rings, which had 3 main purposes: keeping Shadow's Chaos Energy in check, as he can be dangerous to himself and others; It can keep Shadow from getting close to the wearer of a separate ring if they subconsciously want him to stay away, which was useful to keep Shadow from playing too rough with Gerald's granddaughter, Maria Robotnik; and finally, they have a kind of magnetic force, but due to it being different to normal magnets, they don't attract the same materials, but it can be used for locking down Shadow for certain tests, so he doesn't squirm.

Starline searched for the ring that Maria had once worn, the one that protected her from Shadow. He eventually found it and equipped it. He turned to Shadow's stasis pod, and awoke him from it, now feeling safe because Starline knows he's untouchable due to the ring.

As Shadow wakes, he looks at Starline, his eyes narrowing. Shadow would hesitantly ask Starline who he was, and Starline would introduce himself as a doctor, which made Shadow visibly uncomfortable and tense. Shadow asks about the Doctor, Gerald Robotnik, which Starline states he has been executed, which seemed to bring Shadow a sense of ease. Starline then began his monologue about how Shadow will help him in his efforts against Sonic, which is what he emphasizes on.

Shadow asks what would happen if he doesn't agree, in response, Starline shows his hand and the gold ring Maria had used to wear on it, saying that Shadow shouldn't decline this offer. Shadow takes a few steps forward, looking at the ring, before sighing and agreeing to ally with Starline, referring to him exclusively as doctor throughout their exchange.

Starline escorts Shadow out of the laboratory, and Shadow was surprised to see how many rooms he has never been in. Once the two exit the lab, Shadow is surprised to see how nice it looks outside and takes time to appreciate the nice breeze as Starline tells Shadow to get in the car. Shadow enters the passenger side after seeing Starline enter the driver's side, and the two head off to Green Hill, and during the long car ride, Starline talks about what Shadow will be dealing with.

Shadow will be passing off as Starline's foster child, will be enrolling in Green Hill Highschool, and is not allowed to talk about his past to anybody else. Shadow shouldn't try to get any attention, so he doesn't draw suspicion. Then Starline gives more miscellaneous information, mostly about the school and how the world has changed since the 50's.

Once Starline and Shadow arrive at Starline's house in Green Hill, Starline shows him around and assigns him the guest bedroom. After that, Starline calls Rouge and asks her to come over so she can meet Shadow. After a while, Rouge arrives, and Starline introduces the two, and gives quick introductions to one another before departing. The two continue conversing, Shadow seeming more open around Rouge. Rouge tried to tell Shadow about anything Starline missed, and even taught him how to use a cell phone. Rouge also decided to take Shadow shopping for some clothes that suit his style. Starline gave permission and they went ahead, and Rouge helped Shadow to pick a cool outfit she thought suited him. Rouge also taught Shadow about the social side of high school, so he'd better fit in. The two go back to Starline's house, and Rouge leaves.