Author's Note (PLEASE READ)

Hello everyone,

Raven Li here! I just want to let everyone know that this article covers an extremely sensitive topic, and for those of you who cannot handle the following topics, I advise you to read with extreme caution.

THIS ARTICLE WILL INCLUDE DISCUSSION OF

- Teen suicide

- LGBTQIA+ topics (yes I know there are a lot of queer people here but still)

- Institutionalised/structural discrimination

- Homophobia

- Racism

- Death

- Injury

Now, this being a research paper, none of this will be graphic, but there are mentions, and, as you can probably tell, the entire thing is on suicide.

I have marked this as "mature" because this is just about suicide and literally nothing else, and I'm not sure if that goes against Wattpad's guidelines, so it's marked. Wow, my first mature Wattpad post.

Okay, moving on to the next thing:

I had originally included links to the helpline websites, but Wattpad won't let me include them and I'm kinda mad about that. Those links were one of the best parts of this article. 

I want you all to know that the bolded words were deemed "domain specific" by my teachers and classmates, and therefore will be included in my glossary. You probably know like 60% of them, but the glossary is there anyway.

Lastly:

THIS. IS. A. PURELY. INFORMATIONAL. SOURCE.

If you or someone you know are seriously considering suicide, please contact an adult. If you really can't, my PMs are always open, and while I have no psychological or psychiatric qualifications, I'm always willing to talk. Or just listen, if that's what you need.

Okay, that's all.

Happy reading!

Love from,

Raven Li <3