Chapter 1: The Occupation

Aleksi was hiding in a bunker, he could hear shooting, explosions and violence. He walked over to his radio and turned it on, the broadcast was terrifying. "Hello hello? Can you hear us? This is our last message. Today, German troops entered Warsaw, our thoughts are with the Polish soldiers fighting on hel and all the other soldiers, wherever they are. Poland has not perished yet! long live Poland!" Then the radio started playing a song. He turned off the radio and just listened to the chaos outside.

He started hearing German shouting, not good. He eventually heard one say: "Hanz! Brechen sie den bunker auf!" right outside his bunker. There was banging and then the door burst open! The German soldier started shouting at him in Polish. "You! Your country has fallen to a greater power. Surrender yourself to the Third Reich and we will not harm you." 

"I have nowhere to go! They have captured Warsaw and we're all going to die!" He raised his arms up in surrender and walked towards the soldier. He felt the barrel of his Gewehr 98 close to his back and was wondering if he was going to get executed right then and there. What he saw outside terrified him, there were destroyed building and dead Polish soldier everywhere. *I need to get out of here now!*

"I see a forest I can run to, maybe I can escape," Aleksi thought. "I will probably get shot or killed but I am not going to live under Germany!" He broke into a run towards the forest, the German soldier shouted at him and fired. "He missed," Aleksi thought. But the second shot struck right into his shoulder! "Shit shit shit!"

He fell into a ditch and felt light headed, "I am going to die here, right now." and then he blacked out.