Chapter 2: A new place

It was a calm day in Warsaw Poland, everyone was doing there normal business routine's and it was a normal day. Aleksi had heard of the German invasion but so far everything was fine. He had only heard of them invading and never listened to the news about it much after that. He was on his was to school when he heard a strange siren noise. It seemed to be coming from above! "What in the hell?" he thought. He looked up and saw where the noise came from. It was a plane diving straight down, there was another, and another! There were dozens of airplanes! All of them making the same horrible, terrifying siren noise.

Object started falling from the planes, and when they collided with the buildings they exploded! "It's an attack!" Somebody shouted to his right. "I don't think school is what matters anymore"   He broke into a run to try and escape, but at the edge of town he saw tanks, soldiers and artillery! 

"The Germans have made it to Warsaw... we're doomed!" He backed up and turned around to the other side. People were screaming in pain and injured men tried to get away but were cut down by shrapnel. "Aleksi! Get to our bunker!" Somebody shouted. He turned and saw his mother! But then he saw her get ripped to shreds.

He woke up, still in a ditch but it didn't look familiar. Everything looked oversized, he saw blueberry's the size of his fist! "Am I dead?" He stood up and started feeling a lot of pain in his shoulder. He still felt light headed and thought he should just stand for a minute then get walking. "Okay, I don't know where I am and Warsaw has disappeared. I should probably get walking." He started walking towards a mountain he saw.

**Moon** 

Moon was very happy today, she had helped Qibli take down dark stalker in a way. She was walking down to the library to grab a few scrolls. She walked in and saw Starflight, "Hello Moon, what do you need to pick up today?"  

"Oh, just some scrolls about animals in the area."

"Let me grab that for you then." He put his talon to some letters and then pulled out a scroll. "This should be good for you, let me stamp it."

He did just that and Moon was on her way, she dropped the scrolls off in her cave and found Qibli in the hall. "Oh! I didn't know you were there!" She said. "Well I was just coming to say hi I guess." She smiled and said, "Want to go outside?" 

"I would love that." They went outside and were flying around, laughing and having fun. Until moon caught something in her brain. "I feel someone's feelings down there," Moon said "well do you want to look?"

"Sure, let's do it." They landed and started walking to moon felt it. They came into a clearing where a scavenger was walking. "Odd, it looks so pale." Now that she was close, she could see images in it's brain. That was something she could never do with a scavenger. The scavenger obviously didn't like these images, she saw one where something that had wings was diving down and dropped something. The thing it dropped exploded and the flying thing pulled up.

The thing that confused her was that it didn't flap and it didn't look alive. She saw dozens of the same thing. All with this black, twisted cross. She also saw other scavengers wearing the same coverings marching into the den. She wondered what this even was. She walked forward and stepped on a stick, breaking it. 

The scavenger immediately broke out of it's thoughts and Moon heard it think "It's the Germans!" Moon recoiled at that thought. She whispered to Qibli, "It just thought and I understood it!" 

"Well should we talk to it? I think so." He whispered back Before she could answer he stepped out in front of it. "Hello, what are you doing alone out here little scavenger?"

The scavenger gawked and said "What in the hell?" Qibli was surprised at that, "You can talk?!"

"Yea, and I don't know where I am right now, this is probably some dream." 

"I can tell you, you are not dreaming." Moon said as she stepped out. "Really? Cause I don't think I've ever heard of dragons well, existing?" Moon thought and noticed red at his shoulder. "What happened there? Are you ok?" He looked at it, "I don't know, I got hit with a bullet and fell into a ditch." "What's a bullet?" Moon thought "Well, this is exiting and all but, you should probably come with us to our school. It's safer there then out here." 

"I was heading to school when the attack started" He thought "Alrighty, let's go! You can ride with me."

"Okay" The scavenger said and they were off.