Chapter 13- The Vanishing Cabinet

After Draco telling me what his task was I kept a close eye on him. We talked some more in private and apparently he had to find a way to get the other death eaters inside the building. As much as I hated the idea of letting my aunt in Hogwarts I couldn't abandon my brother. It came clear to me just how much he needed my help.

One night I lay in bed waiting for the others in my dorm to sleep. Me and Draco were planning to go in the room of requirement to find a vanishing cabinet.

I tiptoed out my dorm and down the stone stairs. I slowly opened the door and crept outside the fat lady portrait. Thankfully she was asleep and didn't notice me. I met up with Draco at the entrance to the great hall and we walked together to the room. I held his hand firmly.

"Alohomora" I whispered as we got to the door

It creaked open and inside lay piles upon piles of items and trinkets.

I gasped but Draco put his hand over my mouth to stop any sound coming out. I went to yank his hand off but I realised Filch was walking around. I froze and waited until the footsteps were non existent. That was a close one.

We shut the door behind us and used our wands as light. After a few minutes of searching Draco called my name.

"Ari, come here " he shouted

I ran towards him and frowned when he pointed to a dusty white cloth which was draped over a tall object.

Me and Draco pulled the cloth off to reveal a dark grey cabinet.

"Is this the Vanishing Cabinet? " I said intrigued.

"Only one way to find out" he whispered

Draco opened the door of the cabinet to reveal an empty space drowned in cobwebs. He placed an apple in it and shut the door. He then muttered something and opened the door again and the apple had gone. We looked at each other , half smiling. Draco then shut the door once more and continued to mutter another spell. I then opened the door to reveal the Apple. However the Apple appeared to have a bite out of it.

" It works " I said in hopes of lighting up the mood

Draco just stared at the half eaten Apple in his hand as it began to rot.

"Where did the Apple go?" I said " or did it just disappear for a bit?"

"It went to a shop in Knockturn Alley" he said quietly, still gazing at the Apple.

We eventually left the room of requirement and wandered back upstairs. Before we parted I hugged Draco.

"I'll tell father that I've found a way to get the others in " he said whilst hugging me.

I nodded and left to go back to my common room. The Fat Lady was busy snoring and I had to wait 7 minutes until she woke up . I whispered the password and she groaned a bit before allowing me to enter. I ran to my bed and fell straight to sleep .