Dreams

Dreams

Demons don't dream

That's because they don't sleep. Well, they do, they just don't do it as often. Which is why Sebastian is bewildered when he decides to close his eyes one night and indulge in the thing only humans do, sleep and dream.

Do not ask him why he did it, he just did. Out of a whim, out of impulse, because of an idea.

He laid there in his rarely used bed, closed his eyes, and let sleep overtake him. It took three hours before the demon truly fell into slumber, at which point he started dreaming.

He opened his eyes and he was in a meadow, a beautiful meadow of different kinds of flowers, butterflies fluttered around, and the breeze played with his hair.

Sebastian looked down and realized he shrank. His arms and legs were shorter, and his hands were smaller. He wore a white long sleeved frill ruffled tunic and black shorts, held up by black suspenders.

He looked over at a pond, and stared at his reflection, scrutinizing himself. He looked so innocent, and charming. He looked like any ordinary little boy, quite hard to believe he could kill you without blinking.

"Sebastian!" Someone called his name. It was a sweet, melodious voice. A voice he found himself loving. Sebastian looked up and saw in the distance, was a girl smaller than him. She had short blueish black hair and wore a white dress.

Sebastian thought she was an angel.

"Sebastian!"

The small boy found himself running towards her, arms stretched out to reach her.

"Sebastian!" They called again, this time urgently, the wind became stronger and started blowing mercilessly, as if trying to keep him away. But he was determined to reach the girl. To hold her, take her in his arms and never let go. Don't ask him why he felt this way, because he himself wouldn't be able to give you a reason.

But once he was a mere arms lenght away, everything vanished, and he fell into a deep dark hole.

He reached his hands for the girl but she was nowhere to be seen anymore.

He just kept falling, and falling, and falling.

He wasn't afraid, hardly. He just felt confused and anxious. What was happening? Where was he falling to? Will he just fall forever into this everlasting darkness?

With a crack, his black wings ripped out of his back, ruining his tunic. He flapped his enormous wings and....

Sebastian woke up

With a gasp

"What a peculiar dream" he murmured.

It was still dark out, but Sebastian did not return to sleep anymore.

----time skip brought to you by: Kuroshitsuji butlers serving you----

Ciel tossed and turned in her bed. She was having such a strange dream

She was in a ball, standing at the top of the stairs. She wore a beautiful midnight blue gown that glittered like stars, her long hair normally done in twin tails or a tight bun, let down in cascasading waves.

All eyes were on her, as she made her way down the stairs. Being the lady of the renowned Phantomhive Manor she was used to having all kinds of attention on her, but tonight she felt jittery.

As she reached the bottom of the stairs, a mysterious man clad in black formal attire, and wore a white mask that covered the upper half of his face, approached her and offered her a hand. "My lady, may I have this dance?" He asked in a gentle tone.

He sounded so sweet, and lovely, that Ciel couldn't refuse.

She placed her hand in his and they took to the center of the dance floor. The crowd oooh'ed and aahh'ed at their graceful movements, throwing compliments at the beauty of their flow.

Ciel ignored the watchers, focusing instead on her mysterious dance partner. Her eyes were on his scarlet lips, they were pulled to a gentle smile.

"You, are the most beautiful woman in this room" he whispered in her ear, sending shivers up her spine. "And you are the most handsome" Ciel whispered back. Her dance partner chuckled. "You don't even know what I look like"

"I don't care for your face. Just the way you treat me, your gentleness, they are attractive to me" Ciel responded, her blue eyes locked with his ruby red ones. "And your eyes, they are beautiful"

It was then Ciel realized the stillness and the quietness of the ballroom. The music and guests were gone, it was just her and her dance partner. They weren't even in the ballroom anymore, they were just in a plain, black room, with the only light coming from the small chandelier hanging above them.

Her dance partner traced her small lips with a finger, causing her to blush.

"You, are truly enchanting" he told her, leaning forward, until their noses were touching. "My lady"

Just as their lips were about to meet

Ciel woke up because of her curtains being drawn apart and sunlight entering her room.

Her butler Sebastian leaned over her. "It's time to wake up My lady"

"DAMN YOU!" Ciel screamed throwing the first thing she could grab at Sebastian, which was a candelabra.