Our 8th Roadtrip

I've always loved the summer

I've always loved the summer. Not just a pleasant breeze that I will always experience, but also for one particular reason.

"Hi!" kaway ko sa kaniya ng huminto ang sasakyan sa harapan ng aming gate.

"Ready?" masigla niyang tanong. Malawak akong ngumiti at saka mabilis na tumango at sumakay agad sa kaniyang sasakyan.

That's my dearest summertime love, Sam.

The one and only person who gave me love. The only one who truly made my summer enjoyable.

"Can I?" he inquired. I gave him my consent and grinned. He grasped my hand and held it in his. Not satisfied, he also brought my hand to his cheek and gave it a little pat.

"This is our 8th road trip together," I said.

"It is, and I hope this won't ever end."

"I hope so too."

He played the music, grinned, and kissed the back of my hand.

We sang along as a pair. Natatawa ako tuwing tatama sa sintunado ang boses niya, kaya't nauuwi kami sa asaran.

When the song's chorus arrived, he even became unduly dramatic with his vocals.

Every summer has been special for the previous eight years. The sun was soothing down on my skin, and the wind coming in through the window caused my hair to fly up, casting a yellow hue over the surrounding area. I have much excitement in celebrating this season.

The road serves as a witness to how this summer proves to be the greatest one ever.

"I love you," I said.

Ngumiti siya, at kasabay nuon ang mga mata niyang may pagkasingkit.

"I love you too," he replied.

"I'm so lucky to have you," I added.

I couldn't quite put my hand on the range of emotions pulsing in his eyes. They were periodically altering, so I had no idea what he was thinking at the same time.

"Something's wrong?"

At last, I said. He looked away and chuckled viciously. The car then comes to a stop at the side of the road. The exact location of the ocean is clearly evident to us. I let my eyes close, inhaling the sea's fragrance while I let my ears take in the soothing sound of its melody.

"You are so beautiful," he said, making me look at him. I laughed.

"Bigla-bigal ka naman-" biro ko pa, but before I could finish, he abruptly turned to face me and planted a kiss on my lips.

My eyes widened.

It's our first kiss.

My stomach began to churn, and my heart began to pound. I give him a kiss in return, since I don't want to let him down.