With sickness and health

She. Y/n  was my best friend since the third grade.
   We met under the monkey bars when she was being bullied and me being me, I stood up for her. I was always an angry person. Maybe that's why she's in the hospital right now.

Billie sprinted into the hospital hallway, passing each door while quickly running her eyes across the numbers on the doors.
   506, 507, 508, 509, 510, 511 and finally, 512.
Billie shoved the door open and paused, just staring at the limp body lying in the bed, the girl not even resembling her lifelong best friend.
    "Y/n i-I'm so sorry." Billie wept, kneeling down beside the bed, taking her strengthless hand into her own.  
    "B-Billie. I love you, I should've told you before now but, I wanted to keep kissing you at the New Year's party, and I'm sorry... I never told you about my illness. It was never meant to stay a secret." Y/n weakly said.
    "I... love you..." Billie cried into her arm.
"Come... come lay w-with me."
Billie wasted no time to climb into the bed, being extremely cautious around the plugs and wires and tubes hooked to the girl.
    Billie felt Y/n's weak arms wrapped around around her loosely, her cold hands raking through Billie's soft hair while she cried into her chest.
   "Please don't go Y/n ... I love you. I- I need you. You're strong right? You're such a strong girl..." Billie cried.
    "I'm not going anywhere Bil... h-hold my hand, I know y-you're scared." Y/n was sounding weaker and weaker with every word that left her lips.
      Y/n then pulled the oxygen mask off of her face and cupped Billie's cheeks, bringing her in for the last kiss of her life.
   "I'm never gonna leave. I'm just gonna... you know. Sleep for a very long time. I love you Billie and I always will. Never forget me okay? Promise me. Promise me that you'll think about me before bed every night."
   "I-I promise... Y/n. Don't go please. Push through. Let the medication help you." Billie pleaded tiredly and painfully.
   "I'm tired of fighting Bil. I'll be healthy when I'm away. I love you."

Those are the last words Billie has ever heard from her best friend. The monotone sound of the machine flatlining filled her ears and that's when the realization hit her that she needed to save Y/n's life.

"Help!! Help her please! You need to do something help!"
Billie desperately screamed, causing alarms to flair and nurses and doctors to flood the room.

"Do something please.. she's all I have left."
Billie cried loudly.

"I'm sorry. She's gone."

Billie dropped to her knees on the bedside, crying and begging god to swap their places so Y/n could graduate and be the interior designer that she dreamed of being.
"Say your goodbyes honey. The mortuary will be here in the morning and you'll have to be gone by tonight."
Billie suddenly climbed in the bed with the blonde.
She clutched the hospital gown that was draping over the deceased girls body, crying into her chest hoping that this was just a false alarm.