Grace state

We are such creatures of activity, we don't know how to rest. 

The children of Israel were taken captive by King Nebukeneziah, "so that the land may rest". 

Soul and spirit come from God. God breathed into Adam, giving him life. 

Learn to rest in what Christ has done. 

You cannot be saved as long as you're trying to save yourself. 

You cannot be saved by doing good works. 

Make it a habit to study the Word daily:

Amos 8:11

"The days are coming," declares the Sovereign Lord,
"when I will send a famine through the land—
not a famine of food or a thirst for water,
but a famine of hearing the words of the Lord.

The word of the Lord will become rare and precious in the End Times. It's a famine of HEARING the word of the Lord, not a famine of the availability of the word of God. 

How the Lord leads us

The word of God is like refreshing streams that quenches our thirsts. 

Like two Oxens yoked together, we must learn to flow with Him. When He moves we move, when we rest, we rest. 

Jesus said, "my yoke is easy and my burn, light."

Be expectant as the word goes forth

Don't allow yourself to be distracted, to stray from the word. Be expectant as you read/listen to the word. Be focussed with a hearing heart. 

Listen to my word. 

Deuteronomy 28:1-2

"Now it shall be, if you diligently listen to and obey the voice of the Lord your God, being careful to do all of His commandments which I am commanding you today, the Lord your God will set you high above all the nations of the earth. 2 All these blessings will come upon you and overtake you if you pay attention to the voice of the Lord your God.

---> Listen to the word and be blessed.