Success is given by God

Where does success come from? We all want to succeed in life and accomplishw hat we set out to do. But, this is not always the case. Sometimes, we are more scared of suceeding than we are at failing something. This is because if we fail, then we go back to Square One, our comfort zone. We go back to the status quo. If we succeed than everything changes and we may not be or feel ready for that. 

An example of this is, say somebody tried to quit smoking. Well, okay, that would bring up a lot of changes for that person. Life without nicotine, without breathing that in, is vastly different. What do you do during the time/s when you would normally be smoking or vaping? If you fail at quitting, then you go back to what you feel most comfortable with -smoking. But if you succeed, your whole life changes. Maybe there are some positive changes -your lungs can breathe again, you're not addicted to nicotine, but there will be some negative changes too. Your mood, emotions, thoughts and behaviour will all be affected. The coping mechanism you used to have to deal with anxiety, depression etc., is no longer at your disposal and you have to find something else. That's another thing that success brings. Change. Humans generally don't like change -even if, as we get older, we can learn to appreciate it. Change is scary and can bring up a lot of past traumas and problems. 

So anyways, all this is to say that success comes from God. Let me tell you a story. There once was a man named, Jospeh. Joseph has twelve brothers. He was the youngest and his father's favourite. One day, Joseph had a dream. In this dream, (through symbolism), his brothers were bowing down to him as though he were their king. This greatly angered his brothers and their jealousy made them sell their brother to some egyptians. Now, pause the story here. 

You can see that nothing is going to plan. How could Joseph rise to any kind of power when he is now a slave? Life does not go to plan. Things change. Our goals change. 

Okay, so sometimes our dreams change. But sometimes, it's not the dream that changes -it is just our expectations of how we would 'get there' changes. We have to go with the flow in these times. Now here's part of the story taken straight from scripture: 

Joseph a Slave in Egypt

39 Now Joseph had been taken down to Egypt. And Potiphar, an officer of Pharaoh, captain of the guard, an Egyptian, bought him from the Ishmaelites who had taken him down there. 2 The Lord was with Joseph, and he was a successful man; and he was in the house of his master the Egyptian. 3 And his master saw that the Lord was with him and that the Lord made all he did to prosper in his hand. 4 So Joseph found favor in his sight, and served him. Then he made him overseer of his house, and all that he had he put under his authority. 5 So it was, from the time that he had made him overseer of his house and all that he had, that the Lord blessed the Egyptian's house for Joseph's sake; and the blessing of the Lord was on all that he had in the house and in the field. 6 Thus he left all that he had in Joseph's hand, and he did not know what he had except for the bread which he ate.

Now Joseph was handsome in form and appearance.

Look at what's been written in bold. The Lord blessed Joseph. But the Lord also blessed Joseph's master because of being associated with Jospeh. Associate yourself with other blessed and successful people. Be blessed yourself. Just ask for it, lol. 

Hang onto your dreams. The journey will not be how you thought it would be. But the destination is always worth it. And then climb to bigger mountains. 

Also, I hope you know that God will not just give you what's in your dreams but he will bless you with so much more than what you could possibly imagine for yourself (keeping your dreams rooted to what you would actually strive to achieve).