Old friend

You didn't know how long you slept, all you knew was that you slept good. A soft voice woke you up. You wished for this voice to wake you up every time. "Y/N we are approaching" once you opened your eyes, you realized that once again, it wasn't a dream. Instead of immediately waking up, you bring your knees to your chest and fold yourself in the seat. Optimus found that quite adorable but he persisted in waking you up.

"Y/N" he said softly once again. You get up stretching yourself realizing that Optimus made quite a comfy bed for you "How long was I asleep?" "Two hours" you surprised yourself by how long you slept. "Damn, if someone caught me sleeping while i drove, I would be in jail" you joke rubbing your eyes. Optimus found your humor endering and charming, you always had a comment for anything. He didn't know you for long but he found your company enjoyable. "Good thing I have my truck to drive me anywhere" you say putting down the mirror so you could fix your makeup. Optimus didn't know what to think about your constant comments about him being yours. But it was true to an extent. He felt awful that you spent your hard-earned money on a truck that was him. You lost your home and peace in the process. He felt responsible for that.

"You remind me of someone Y/N" he said, his voice surrounding you. You were putting on some mascara, trying to concentrate. Optimus never saw a human put on makeup, it was fascinating to him since he didn't see the point of it. "Really? Who?" "A friend I once knew" he said turning his rearview mirror to take a better look at you. "Back on your planet?" you asked continuing to dig into your makeup bag "Yes" "What happened to them?" you take a glance at the screen that was in the canter "She made her escape when the planet was dyeing" his voice sounded melancholic. "Oh it's a woman" Optimus watched you put on light lipstick, thinking of the resemblance with a friend he once knew. Your lips looked soft and he found that fascinating since he didn't have any "Yes she was a femme, I ordered her to escape in a safe pod when she could and I never saw her again" you listened to his voice that was increadably calming even in its melancholy.

"What was she like?" you asked trying to get Optimus to open up to you "hmm" he hummed thinking of the words "She brightened anyone's day by her humor and charisma. She was confident but stubborn. Her stubbornness got her in a lot of mischief. But she knew that Megatron and I would help her out of the trouble she got herself into" you snap a glance at the screen in the middle "Wait hold on. You AND Megatron? Isn't he like you enemy?" "Yes, he was once my mentor. A brother" you thought about how hard that must be. Losing everything.

"Ok wow, did not expect that. Must be rough" you try to comfort, but you were really bad at it "It is all in the past now" "But it sounds like you really miss the past. Like you miss your friend. I mean I don't blame you. Who wouldn't in your position" you drag your fingers across the steering wheel in a gentle manner, like you were petting his back with the tips of your fingers "She sounds wonderful" your gentle touch made Optimus engine roll harder, he never felt such touch and it was foreign to him.

For the next few moments, your hand didn't leave his steering wheel until you told him where to stop. You fix your bad hair and ask Optimus "How do I look" he didn't know how to answer that, since he didn't know what human found presentable "you look nice" "Are you saying that to be nice or do I actually look nice?" you ask and he chuckled "You look nice Y/N" he repeated in a more relaxed voice that you found genuine. And it was. In his eyes you look really nice. "Thanks big guy" you said exiting the truck. You handle the cargo, getting the massive wight of off Optimus. But Optimus didn't really feel it. "Hey Y/N nice truck" one of your friend says that you often see when driving "Thank you! Isnt he just beautiful" you say slapping the door slightly "What model is he?" the guy asks noticing that he never saw this kind of truck before "Alien one" you joke and he didn't question but just laughed "I want the alien model, it looks sick" "Not only does he look sick, but the power he has? Whooh" you fake swoon and your comments made Optimus nervous. Why were you doing this? He asked himself. I he was in his robot form, his cheeks would be dusted blue for sure. But he kept his composure as always.

"Alright, stay safe Y/N. See you in a month" your friend said, waving you and entering the warehouse "You know it" you say and enter Optimus "You are quite bold Y/N" Optimus said as soon as you took a seat "Awww thanks. Did I make you shy?" you tease "Not at all" he said, but he didn't know why he said that. It was obviously a lie. "Whatever you say big guy" you drag your fingers across the whole steering wheel. You heard Optimuses mirror turn to get a better look at you. You smirk in the mirror and he called Ratched to get you back to base.

Once you were back Optimus opens the door for you and you exit. He turn back into his robot for and you are always surprised by how huge he is. "Auntie Y/N! You are back!!" Miko yells, leaving the game she was playing with Bee and runs to you "Im back" you say as you catch Miko in a hug. "Sooooo, how was your first night in the base?" she asks. You watch Optimus walk over to Ratched "It was ok. I think I didn't snore" Miko giggles at that "You want to play some games?" "I would love to!!" she drags you by the arm over to the run-down couch. You say hi to Jack and Raf and take a seat.

"So what's it like traveling with Optimus the whole day?" Jack asks. You tilt your head in confusion, "What do you mean? Didn't you drive all these robots?" you than turn to Raf when he started talking, "Not really. We all have our own guardians that protect us. Optimus was once a guardian to agent Follower"

"oh yeah, on that one mission. Agent almost made Optimus run of the rode. It was so funny" Miko laughed behind you. "Missions? What missions? You have mission?" you question, baffled. Bee the started to beep but you give him a confused look. Bulk than translated "The Desepticons are always looking for energon mines. We go after them to gather resources and stop them from causing destruction" you give up trying to understand, "I will pretend I know what you are talking about" Bulk laughs and you return to the game. But you realized.

"Wait a minute. That sounds dangerous. You do not drag kids into your missions, do you?" you said turning to Bulk. But Bulk just nervously looked to Bee who beeped something "We tell them not to, but they don't listen" Bulk said. You frown. "Miko is that how you got the pictures? By sneaking of into the battle?" Miko just nervously laughs. You scold everyone that was around you and Ratched and Optimus watched. Optimus noted how, even tough you have a bubbly personality, you worry about the safety of others.

"She can not stay here. You know that right?" Ratched said but Optimus did not stop looking at you. He didn't want you to leave the base. "She can stay here for now. There is no harm in that. Besides, this is the safest place for her" Ratched just hummed looking at his old friend who looked distant for a few moments "Don't get too attached Optimus. One day the humans will have to part ways with us" Optimus was suddenly reminded of the awful reality.