6🩸

Rian turned to Nicole as they walked down the streets silently. Zack trailed closely behind them. "Where are we" Zack started as he was shushed rudely by Nicole.

Nicole stalked past a group of people. As they walked in silence a body of a man fell limp in front of Zack's feet, eyes rolled to the back of his head.

Nicole's eyes widened in alarm as the body collapsed before them, her instincts kicking into high gear as she scanned their surroundings for any sign of danger. With practiced precision, she reached for the hilt of the dagger concealed beneath her jacket, her grip tightening in anticipation of a potential threat.

Rian moved to shield Nicole, his senses heightened as he scanned the area for any signs of movement or danger. "What's going on?" he demanded, his voice low and urgent.

Zack recoiled in shock at the sight before him, his eyes wide with horror as he took in the lifeless form at his feet. "I-I don't know," he stammered, his voice trembling with fear. "He just...fell."

Nicole stepped forward, her expression grim as she examined the body for any signs of injury or foul play. "This doesn't look like an accident," she observed, her voice tinged with concern. "We need to get out of here, now."

As Nicole skidded to a stop a hooded figure chuckled "think you can get away that easily?" The voice asked smugly. The voice boomed as the hood was removed revealing a close companion to Rian and Nicole.

"ALEX!" Rian exclaimed as he hugged his best friend closely holding him close. Nicole shuddered as Alex revealed himself.

Nicole frowned "why are you here?" She quizzed, sceptical of the teen, someone the same age as the twins.

Apologies for the oversight. Let's revise that.

Nicole's skepticism lingered as she eyed Alex warily, her instincts on high alert as she searched for any sign of deception in his demeanor. While she and Rian were close companions, she knew all too well the dangers of trusting too easily, especially in a world as treacherous as Lumina Haven.

Alex grinned sheepishly at Nicole's question, his expression betraying a hint of guilt beneath his cheerful facade. "I heard about the attacks and I wanted to make sure you guys were okay," he explained, his voice earnest. "I didn't mean to startle you, I just wanted to make sure you were safe."

Rian's grip tightened on Alex's shoulder, a silent gesture of gratitude for his friend's concern. "We appreciate it, Alex," he said, his voice filled with warmth. "But you should be careful. It's not safe out here."

Alex nodded in understanding, his gaze flickering to the lifeless body at their feet. "I know," he replied solemnly. "That's why I came to find you. We need to stick together if we're going to make it through this."

Nicole's frown deepened at Alex's words, her skepticism giving way to a sense of unease at the thought of facing the dangers that lurked in the shadows with someone she barely knew. But as she looked into Alex's eyes, she saw a glimmer of determination and courage that mirrored her own, and she knew that she could trust him to have their backs when they needed it most.

With a nod of agreement, Nicole turned to Rian, her resolve firm as she prepared to face whatever challenges lay ahead with her newfound companion by her side. And as they set off into the darkness together, Rian, Nicole, Zack, and Alex knew that they were stronger together than they could ever be alone, united in their quest to uncover the truth behind the attacks that threatened to tear their world apart.

Voices started to swirl around the area, all deep and menacing "we know you're here" the voice growled "you can't escape that easily" "come with ease or we will rain down hell" "you can't hide forever pretty"