꧁༒༺ Chapter four ༻༒꧂

As the sun began to rise over Fontaine, casting a warm golden glow over the sleepy town, Neuvillette stirred from his slumber. Another day had dawned, bringing with it the familiar routine that had become the cornerstone of his life.

With practised ease, Neuvillette rose from bed at the first light of dawn, the soft pattern of footsteps echoing through the quiet house. He made his way to the kitchen, the comforting aroma of freshly brewed coffee filling the air as he set about preparing breakfast.

As the eggs sizzled in the skillet and the toast browned in the toaster, Neuvillette couldn't help but feel a sense of contentment wash over him. There was something soothing about the simple act of cooking, a quiet ritual that grounded him in the present moment and prepared him for the day ahead.

At precisely 6:45, Neuvillette made his way to Furina's room, gently rousing her from her slumber with a soft knock on the door.

"Good morning, sweetheart," he said, his voice warm and affectionate. "It's time to wake up."

Furina groaned sleepily, her eyes fluttering open as she rubbed the sleep from her eyes. With a yawn, she sat up in bed, stretching her arms above her head as she blinked away the last remnants of sleep.

"Morning, Dad," she mumbled, her voice thick with drowsiness. "What's for breakfast?"

Neuvillette chuckled, ruffling Furina's hair affectionately as he ushered her out of bed and into the kitchen.

"Eggs and toast, just the way you like it," he replied, a fond smile playing at the corners of his lips. "Now hurry up and get ready for school. We don't want to be late."

With breakfast devoured and backpacks packed, Neuvillette and Furina made their way to the car, the morning air crisp and invigorating as they set off for school.

As they pulled up to the gates, Furina's excitement was palpable, her eyes lighting up at the sight of her classmates milling about in the courtyard.

"Good luck, Dad," she said slyly, a mischievous twinkle in her eye as she caught sight of Wriothesley, the alpha who had caught Neuvillette's attention in recent days. With a wave, she dashed off to join her friends, leaving Neuvillette alone with his thoughts.

Ah, yes. Wriothesley. Neuvillette's heart skipped a beat at the thought of seeing him again, the unspoken tension between them hanging heavy in the air like a thick fog.

As if on cue, Wriothesley appeared, his presence commanding and magnetic as he waved hello to Neuvillette, his eyes alight with warmth and familiarity.

"How are you doing, Neuvillette?" he called out, his voice carrying across the bustling courtyard.

Neuvillette felt a rush of nerves at the sound of Wriothesley's voice, his stomach twisting with a mixture of excitement and apprehension. 

"I'm doing well, thank you," he replied, his voice carrying a warmth that mirrored the friendly atmosphere of the morning. "Just another day, you know."

Wriothesley nodded, a small smile playing at the corners of his lips. "Indeed, just another day," he echoed, his gaze lingering on Neuvillette for a moment longer than necessary.

"So, how's Sigewinne doing?" he asked, referring to Wriothesley's daughter. "I hope she's settling in well at school."

Wriothesley's expression softened at the mention of his daughter, a warm smile spreading across his face.

"Oh, she's doing great," he replied, his voice tinged with pride. "She's made a few friends already, and she seems to be enjoying her classes. It's been quite the adjustment for both of us, but I think we're getting the hang of it."