꧁༒༺ Chapter seven ༻༒꧂

Furina and Sigewinne couldn't contain their excitement as they watched their fathers approach. They had been planning this surprise picnic for weeks, hoping to bring Neuvillette and Wriothesley closer together so they could become sisters.

As their fathers entered the clearing, Furina and Sigewinne exchanged excited glances, their hearts pounding with anticipation. This was it – the moment they had been waiting for.

Neuvillette and Wriothesley looked around in surprise at the beautifully decorated clearing. Fairy lights twinkled overhead, casting a warm glow over the scene. Blankets were spread out on the ground, adorned with cushions and candles, creating a cozy and romantic atmosphere.

"What's all this?" Neuvillette asked, his voice filled with wonder as he took in the scene before him.

Wriothesley's eyes widened in amazement as he surveyed the setup. "It's stunning," he remarked, his voice tinged with awe. "But why are we here?"

Furina and Sigewinne exchanged excited glances before bounding forward to greet their fathers.

"Surprise!" they exclaimed in unison, their faces beaming with excitement.

Neuvillette and Wriothesley looked at each other in confusion, unsure of what was happening.

"We wanted to do something special for you," Furina explained, her eyes shining with excitement. "To show you how much we appreciate you and how much we want to be sisters."

Sigewinne nodded eagerly, her heart pounding with anticipation. "We thought a picnic would be nice," she added, her voice filled with hope. "So we could all spend some time together and get to know each other better."

Neuvillette and Wriothesley exchanged surprised glances, touched by their daughters' thoughtfulness.

"This is incredible," Neuvillette said, his voice filled with emotion as he looked at Furina. "Thank you, sweetheart. This means the world to me."

Wriothesley nodded in agreement, his heart swelling with love for Sigewinne. "Thank you, princess," he said, his voice choked with emotion. "I'm so grateful to have you in my life."

Furina and Sigewinne beamed with happiness, their hearts overflowing with love for their fathers. As they sat down together on the blankets, surrounded by the warm glow of the fairy lights, they knew that this was just the beginning of their journey as a family. And they couldn't wait to see what the future held for them as sisters.

As the gentle breeze continued to caress the tranquil setting of the picnic, Neuvillette and Wriothesley found themselves engrossed in conversation, their laughter echoing through the air. Despite the natural beauty surrounding them, their thoughts were consumed by the unspoken words that lingered between them.

Neuvillette stole a sideways glance at Wriothesley, his heart racing with a mixture of anticipation and anxiety. He knew that there was something special about their connection, something that went beyond mere friendship. Yet, as an alpha male accustomed to leading with strength and confidence, he found himself struggling to navigate the unfamiliar territory of his own heart.

Wriothesley, too, couldn't shake the feeling that there was something more between them, something he couldn't quite put into words. As an alpha used to commanding respect and authority, he found himself grappling with the vulnerability of expressing his true feelings, unsure of how Neuvillette would respond.

Meanwhile, Furina and Sigewinne exchanged a knowing look, their eyes twinkling with determination. They had hoped that the romantic ambience of the picnic would provide the perfect backdrop for their fathers to confess their feelings. Yet, as they watched Neuvillette and Wriothesley, they could sense the hesitance that lingered between them like a tangible barrier.

"Hey, Dad," Furina began, breaking the comfortable silence that had settled over the group. "I was thinking, maybe we could go for a walk around the lake?"

Neuvillette glanced at her, a small smile playing at the corners of his lips. "That sounds like a wonderful idea," he replied, his voice warm with affection. "What do you think, Wriothesley?"

Wriothesley nodded in agreement, his gaze flickering briefly to Neuvillette before returning to Furina. "I'd love to," he said, his voice soft but sincere. "It's such a beautiful day, and a walk sounds like the perfect way to enjoy it."

As they set off on their walk around the lake, Furina and Sigewinne exchanged a hopeful smile. They knew that this would provide the perfect opportunity for their fathers to spend some time alone together and hopefully find the courage to confess their feelings.

The path wound its way around the serene waters, the sounds of nature providing a soothing backdrop to their conversation. Neuvillette and Wriothesley found themselves growing more comfortable in each other's presence, the tension that had once lingered between them slowly dissipating with each step they took.

Yet, as they neared the end of their walk, neither Neuvillette nor Wriothesley had found the courage to broach the subject of their feelings. The words hovered on the tip of their tongues, yet they remained unspoken, lost in the sea of uncertainty that engulfed them.

As they returned to the picnic blanket, Furina and Sigewinne exchanged a disappointed glance. It seemed that their plan hadn't worked as they had hoped, and their fathers were no closer to confessing their feelings than they had been before.

Yet, despite their disappointment, Furina and Sigewinne refused to give up hope. They knew that love had a way of finding its way into even the most guarded of hearts, and they were determined to help their fathers find the courage to express their true feelings.

With determination shining in their eyes, Furina and Sigewinne exchanged a silent vow to continue their mission, knowing that true love was worth fighting for, no matter the obstacles that stood in their way. And as they wrapped their arms around each other in a tight hug, they knew that their bond as sisters was stronger than ever before, united in their quest to bring their fathers together.

As the day drew to a close and the sun dipped below the horizon, casting a warm glow over the serene landscape, Neuvillette and Wriothesley found themselves lost in thought. Despite the lingering uncertainty that clouded their minds, they couldn't shake the feeling that something special was blossoming between them.

As they exchanged a tentative glance, their eyes met in silent understanding, a spark of hope flickering between them like a beacon in the darkness. And as they lingered in each other's presence, bathed in the soft light of the setting sun, they knew that their journey was far from over.

For love, they realized, was a journey of its own—one filled with twists and turns, highs and lows, but ultimately leading to the most beautiful destination of all: the heart. And as they stood together, hand in hand, they knew that they were ready to embark on that journey together, no matter where it may lead.

Note: 
[ Sorry if this chapter was short because of exams appearing left, right and centre for me. Deeply sorry! I will try to write a long one in the next chapter! o(〒﹏〒)o ]