Chapter 5: Wounds of the Present

Meanwhile, with the Decepticons-

"Lord Megatron, I have a report that you... may not like." One of the footsoldiers said as he cautiously approached the warlord.

"What is it now?" Megatron snarled in annoyance.

"It's Y/D." Megatron stiffened a little and turned around to face the footsoldier with a cold glare.

"And what of him?"

"He... sir, the Autobots have him, and our inside sources say he's planning on siding with them. If they get his genetic coding, they could create their own fliers."

"And put at a strategic disadvantage." Megatron said thoughtfully. A smirk crossed his face as the gears in his processor turned and clicked into place. A smirk of a warlord who was about to change the course of history. "I believe we should inform his new friends of who exactly he is. Maybe then they will think twice about allowing him to join their ranks."

-with Pharma-

"Stupid Decepticon." Pharma muttered to himself as he took a seat at his workstation. "Thinks he can walk around here like he's one of us, absolute scrap metal! Why I outta- huh?"

Pharma's mutterings were cut off when the screen of his workstation fizzled unto static and suddenly displayed a message. A message that would lead to my downfall.

"You are being decieved." Pharma read as the words scrawled across the screen. "Do not trust the one called Y/D. Do not let him leave. Do not let him know mercy. He deserves none."

Pharma then received files and files of data, all of them containing detailed reports, video feeds, and holopics of myself. Or rather, the darker and more deadly version.

"By the Allspark." Pharma whispered as he poured through the data. "This.... no..." He quickly got up and rushed over to the Magnus's office where he burst in on a meeting between the Magnus, Wheeljack, Ratchet, and Perceptor.

"Pharma, what is the meaning of this?" Ultra Magnus asked.

"Sir, you have to see this." Pharma said with an almost manic expression on his face.

"What's got your circuits all fired up?" Ratchet asked.

"I was right about Y/D. Haha! I was right! He CAN'T be trusted! And I have evidence!" Pharma excitedly waved for the group to follow him to his work station, and he pointed to the files upon files of data.

"What in the name of the Allspark is this?" Ratchet asked with disbelief.

"Y/D is not who he says he is!" Pharma exclaimed. "Look!" He then pulled up a decepticon new recruit form that showed myself with a far more sinister expression on my face and a fairly different frame. But it was still me.

A me no one should ever see again.

"Y/D is actually the Decepticon Gladiator called Carnifex." Pharma said. "Ruthless, cunning, mad as they come. He's slaughtered thousands of Autobots without mercy or forgiveness! A bot with insane capabilities and skill." Pharma looked over to the Magnus, and his expression grew grim. "He was the one who killed the previous Magnus in cold blood, all without leaving a trace. He's wanted by every corner of Cybertron for an exorbitant number of crimes ranging from extortion, torture, dismemberment, murder, and even loitering."

"That's impossible!" Ratchet huffed. "Carnifex was killed in an explosion almost 200 stellar cycles ago!"

"That's where you are wrong." Pharma said as he pulled up a medical report. "His body was destroyed, but his spark survived. They reframed him, making him the Y/D that exists now."

"Let me see that." Ratchet huffed as he half shoved half guided Pharma to move to the side so he could read the report. "It also says here that he has no memory of being Carnifex aside from a few scattered memories."

"Why's that?" Wheeljack asked.

"According to this report, his brain module was almost entirely destroyed along with most of his memories. He's almost an entirely different bot because of it."

"So?!" Pharma barked. "He needs to be contained! Arrested! Locked up and then deactivated! Something! We CAN'T have him wandering freely like this!"

"Pharma is right." Ultra Magnus said. "The risk is far too great for him to remain free."

"Sir!" Ratchet protested as he tried to stop the Magnus and the others from leaving. "You can't do this!"

"Stand down, Ratchet." Ultra Magnus ordered. "That's an order."

"But sir!"

"Stand. Down."

"...yes sir." Ratchet reluctantly stood aside and allowed his commanding officer and the others to pass, their weapons drawing as they rushed to where I was last seen.

"Y/D!" I heard the Magnus bark from behind where I sat, my helm turning to him and the others with a blank and tired stare.

"What is it now?" I grumbled in annoyance, completely waving off the fact that they had their weapons drawn on me.

"You are under arrest." Pharma said.

"For what?" I growled. "For looking at you funny Pharma?"

"For being as much of a threat to Cybertron as Megatron." He growled.

"We went over this." I huffed.

"Is that so Y/D?" Pharma taunted. "Or is it actually Carnifex?"

I stiffened at the painfully familiar name, although I did not know why.

"How... how do you know that name?" I asked coldly.

"It's yours, isn't it? Only you can't remember because you were blown to bits after you killed P.C. Magnus!" Pharma snapped.

"I.... what?" I questioned in confusion. "No, no, you're mistaken. I never met P.C. I'm just a footsoldier!"

"No, you aren't. You're a murderer and a war crimimal!" Pharma leaped at me and managed to pin my frame down, my legs and arms squirming and kicking in an effort to break away.

"Let me go!" I begged loudly as my wrists were cuffed behind my back.

"It's off to the Stockades with you Decepti-scum." Pharma snarled. He then waved for two other Elite Guard to grab ahold of me and hoist me up onto my pedes, my optics gliding over to the familiar red and white paint job I had grown attached to.

"Ratchet, please!" I begged the medic. "I don't know what they are talking about! You have to believe me!"

But all he could do was look away.

"Ratchet? RATCHET PLEASE!" I cried out as I was dragged away. "Please! You have to believe me! No! No!"

"I'm sorry, kid." Ratchet said quietly to himself. "I... I'm so sorry."

"That's one less Decepticon to worry about." Pharma scoffed.

"What's going to happen to him?" Ratchet asked the Magnus.

"He will be held in a high security facility until we can assess his true danger potential." Ultra Magnus said. "And if he is deemed not a threat, he will be released. In the meantime, I want that information on him to be looked through thoroughly."

"Where did you get it anyway?" Ratchet asked Pharma with suspicion.

"Doesn't matter. Hope that scum stays locked up until he rusts."

This would be only that, a hope. Because fate had something else in store for me. Something that could mean the end of my life. Permanently.