𝓲𝓿. 𝗻𝗲𝘄 𝗹𝗶𝗳𝗲

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Eva was stirring the pot of chicken soup around. She turns around her head for a quick second to see Aegon drawing with her son. Leo had brought papers along with a colorful pencil. He was not even introducing himself the proper way.

Aegon did not mind the child as he was coloring. Fun fact: he hates kids and does not want to be near one. But for some reason, he liked his kid, he had too much energy.

"What you are you drawing?" Aegon leaned to see what he was drawing.

"I'm trying to draw the big beast! That I saw." Leo said as showing his art to him.

Aegon saw the drawing of Leo's paper. Well, it wasn't a good drawing but he couldn't tell what it was. His Dragon: Sunfyre. He cracked a smile.

"You know that you are drawing a dragon," Aegon says to the boy. Leo sets the paper down.

"What are they?" The child asked Aegon.

"Dragons are massive, flying reptiles that can breathe fire. They are rumored to have a strong connection to magic, which seems to be proven true when magic begins to return to the world after the birth of the first three in over two hundred years." Aegon explained to Leo.

"Mama! Can I have a dragon?" Leo asks his mother. Eva chuckles.

"I will think about it. Come on boys, food is ready." Eva told them. Leo got from the sofa and rushed to the table leaving the Aegon alone.

Eva set down the bowls for her, Aegon, and her son. Leo was the first on the seat and ready to eat. She saw how her son left Aegon in a situation with the folded table.

"Careful." Eva rushed to Aegon and grabbed the table and placed it to the side. She extended her hand to help the injured man.

Aegon was glad she was willing to help him and took her hand as she helped him stand up from the sofa. Eva guided him to the dinner table and pulled out the chair for him.

"Thank you." Aegon kindly said to Eva and she smiled. She walked back and sat on her seat and saw her son already digging in.

"How you like chicken soup." She said to him and Aegon nodded at the woman.

"My favorite type of soup." Aegon answered as he took a spoonful of the soup. This soup was different from back home, it was better than over there.

"Mama makes the best soup!" Leo commented about her mother but he had a piece of chicken chewing in his mother.

"Leo! No talking with your mouth open. It's rude and yucky." Eva covers his mouth while he finishes his food.

"Sorry Mama." After done chewing his chicken she moved her hands off her child's mouth.

"Is your husband coming home soon?" Aegon asked Eva. She stopped from taking a sip of soup.

"I'm not married." Eva replied to Aegon. He did not realize that she was not married, she was a single mother.

"Oh. I didn't know." Aegon apologized to the single mother. Eva shook her head and then spoke.

"It's fine. You didn't know. The father of my son left me for another woman." Eva hadn't talked about Leo's father since he left. She had pushed him out of her memories.

The rest of the dinner table was full of small talk from Leo. Once everyone was done eating her son dragged Aegon back to drawing. Eva was watching from afar while washing the dirty dishes.

"Where are you from?" Leo randomly asked Aegon. The silver-haired man stopped drawing.

"Ummm, I don't remember." Aegon lied to the boy.

"You have tooo remember!" The boy shrieked at Aegon. He squinted his eyes and held one of his ears.

Eva turned off the water and dried her hand with her hand towel. She walks over to the boys grabs her son between his arms and swings him to her hip. Leo giggles as he buries his face in her neck.

"Time for bed, big guy." Eva walks over to her chambers. She opened the door went over to the bed and pulled out the blanket.

Leo jumped out of her arm and onto the bed with a giggle. Eva smiled at her son, he lay down on the bed and the mother pulled the blanket over her son. She kneels to her knees right beside her son

"Mama, always love you!" Eva kissed Leo's forehead.

"I love you too!" Leo responded to his mother and kissed her cheek.

Eva got up from her knees walked out of the chambers and took one more glance at her son to see Leo already fast asleep. She walks back to the parlor room to see that Aegon put away the stuff and placed it on the side not sure how to put it.

"You didn't have to do that." Eva spoke to Aegon who had limped back to the sofa and sat in the same spot.

"It's fine, I wanted to." He honestly responded to Eva.

"So...so you mind asking me? How old are you?" Aegon awkwardly asked her.

"I will answer if you tell me yours after." Eva said and Aegon nodded for the deal.

"I am one and nine years of age." She replied then, "I am two and three years of age." After Eva replied. "I thought you were older than that." Eva joked to him.

"Ouch." Aegon touches his heart with his hand as if he was hurt. Eva laughs at his action.

"So is there a place around here to get drinks?" Aegon asked Eva if she was from here because he needed a drink.

"We do but it's a pretty long walk from here and way too dark." Eva told Aegon and she saw him frustrated and needed a drink.

"Mr. Well, you should come with me."

vote, comment, & share 🍄