Chapter 20 - Them

Anushka was standing by the bar when Virat came in with his usual goofy grin. "I'll have to meet some people and then we can get out of here." Virat said standing besides her leaning on the table.

"Out of here where?" Anushka asked confused and Virat gave her a nervous half smile "Uh um that's a surprise actually." he said.

Just then Rohit and Ritika came inside, both of them looking more upset than before. "We leave you for a few minutes and this is how fast your mood crashes?" Anushka asked trying to lighten up the mood.

Rohit and Ritika looked at each other weirdly which neither Anushka nor Virat could decipher which made them frown.

"You guys enjoy don't worry about us." Rohit told Virat and Anushka and for a change they decided to let Rohika be.

Virat and Anushka left from there to meet some acquaintances giving Rohit and Ritika space.

"I think we should let them be and sort it out. See for few a days if they work it out and then we'll intervene if it doesn't happen." Anushka said interlocking fingers with Virat in an attempt to comfort him.

Virat looked at her smiling face radiating warmth and love which made him smile too.

"Hey Nushkie how are you doing darling?" They were startled by a voice coming from behind and they turned around to see a guy smiling at them a seemingly sweet smile.

But Virat decided he hated this guy because definitely he gave the sweet smile to Anushka but the smile that was directed towards Virat was a sardonic one.

The guy came forward and took Anushka's hands in his hand making her leave Virat's hands which made him frown. Aryan pressed his cheeks to hers and gave two air kisses. Virat rolled his eyes at the typical bollywood greeting.

"Aryan meet Virat, Virat meet Aryan." Anushka said introducing them. Aryan came forward and ahook hands with Virat saying "Obviously who doesn't know him? I would have loved to say nice to meet you but I'll have to miss that out." He looked at Anushka "Because you have got this gorgeous lady as your date." He continued laughing.

Virat tightened his hold on Aryan's hand making him wince and said "Of course, but I'll definitely say nice to meet you." with a sickeningly sweet smile.

Anushka who was bewildered to see Virat like that knowing fully well that Aryan was just joking.

Virat came to stand besides her and tentatively put a hand around her waist almost afraid of her reaction. Anushka was amused with that possessive move but was enjoying every bit of it.

She kept her hand on his and they conversed some more with Aryan before he was called by someone else.

Virat looked at Anushka after Aryan left and said, exasperation dripping from his voice "Well that was one hell of a guy" which made Anushka laugh.

"Let's get something to drink." Anushka said dragging him towards the bar and Virat just let himself dragged, content.

"Wine?" Anushka asked and Virat just nodded still staring at her while they waited for the drinks.

"Stop looking at me like that!" Anushka said getting nervous now "Like what?" Virat asked with pretend innocence.

"Like she's your home in this world of chaos." Rohit said coming from behind, startling the pair out of their moment.

Virat and Anushka turned a shade of red as they blushed furiously hearing that. "You guys are perfect for each other with matching blushes and all huh?" Ritika teased them.

"Shut up yaar Ritsy." Anushka said hiding her face in her palms while Virat was trying to glare at them and failing.

"Ok ok we just came here to inform you guys that we are done for the day." Ritika said with a nervous glance towards Rohit.

"We are also leaving now." Virat said and Anushka asked confused "We are?". Virat nodded his head and mouthed surprise.

Rohit hugged Virat " All the best Vi, I already know the outcome though" he said grinning. "I also know about yours." Virat mumbled.

Rohit who couldn't decipher what was said but could hear something inaudible asked "Huh? What did you say?"

"Nothing just thinking something you know bcoz I am nervous." Virat said trying to cover things up with an awkward chuckle.

It confused Rohit more but he decided to drop it. While Ritika was fidgeting with her fingers, stealing glances at Rohit.

Virat noticed the nervous glances and took her in a brief hug squeezing her arm. "All the best." He mumbled to Ritika who mumbled back "To you too."

Seeing them whispering something the sharma duo locked eyes with a questioning gaze raising their eyebrows but to their dismay the other just shrugged without giving an answer.

They bid their goodbyes and went separate ways with Anushka and Virat in her car and Rohit and Ritika in Ritika's.

A/N: Hey guys I am sorry for disappearing but it was my boards so ik you guys get it.

I am not really satisfied with this part and I feel like I have done a horrible job at this one so please bear with me.

My writer's block was terrible and I just couldn't write anything properly.

Please vote and comment, also this story is nearing it's end if you want to read something for me feel free to suggest.

And hey guess what those best wishes were for??? Hehehe

Till next time Toodlessss!