Lost in the Manga

Authors note:

Hello! Thank you for reading my story! This story is my own work. I use Grammarly for all editing purposes. I will update the story once a week on Saturday or Sundays. Also, My inspiration for Sachi's look is Minako Aino from Sailor Moon and Ryuu is Hak from Yona of the Dawn. :) Enjoy!

 :) Enjoy!

-

-

The harsh glow of early sunrise captured the city's skyline. I squinted as I looked out the window of the train cart.

Inside the train, an aura surrounded its occupants, each in their bubbles of weariness or distraction. Some dozed with heads lowered, while others found comfort in the endless streams of content on their devices, an easy distraction before the imminent workday ahead.

Positioned near the train's exit, a sudden tune indicated the doors sliding open. A breeze ruffled my blonde hair, causing it to playfully drift over a manga lying on my lap.

Quickly, I grabbed the book, softly uttering its title, "Miyako no Mori," as if uttering a forgotten world. This treasured manga, a gift from my foster family, had been gathering dust amid forgotten memories. Yet, an unexpected urge prompted me to read it.

The author's identity remained shrouded in mystery, which piqued my curiosity. As I lightly touched the edge of a page, a sharp sting made me gasp. A drop of blood fell against the paper the beginning of a breathtaking transformation.

The page glowed with a bright light, the train's interior dimming as lush landscapes burst forth. Trees swayed, grass whispered, and a vivid blue sky stretched overhead. In a rush, the boundaries between ink and reality blurred, pulling me into the manga.

A sudden, jolting impact brought me back to awareness. The sounds of birds singing filled the air, ending any feelings of doubt. Was I dreaming? I found myself standing in a serene forest, captivated by its mysterious aura.

"I was just on the train, where am I?" I exclaimed, checking my outfit: the same long black skirt, white sweater, and diamond earrings. But my bag was missing, and panic surged. No phone, no way out, just an ominous forest stretching in every direction.