I

It's been seven months since Mephone's disappearance. He said he went on vacation but..what insane person goes on vacation for a month, probably more? The thing is, I can't tell them i know where he is. I can't let someone figure out that I've been hearing everything. That I've simply been a listener.

"Baseball, I'm gonna go to the woods."

Baseball looked in my direction, but not at me.

"Why?"

"Because I want to you dum-..

I just want to.."

"Suit yourself..", he mumbled under his breath. He knows where I will be now, that way I don't go missing!..again.

~

I walked through the trees, they looked like something maybe paintbrush was painting at their studio in the hotel. Or maybe something Balloon described in his poetry. It just all seemed fictional, like a moment of clarity.

My whole existence in this game has felt fictional. I was just the backstage person who helped the main characters succeed. Like nickel.

Like fucking nickel.

Is there a reason as to why i have to explain my feelings to myself? I know exactly why i hate nickel. No explanation needed.

Back to the trees, and I see something. Something that looks like red crayon colored sloppily on to green, watercolor trees.

Am I seeing things..? Again..

These red scribbles...they're eyes.

Before I knew it, I was hearing  ̶h̶e̶r̶

Before I knew it, I was hearing ̶h̶e̶r̶..it...again.

"heyy!! how ya' doing suitsy?? hopefully terrible..hmph."

"I was doing fine before you decided to-"

"Yeah..anyways, see those eyes on those trees?? They're all judging you. Are you sure you're truly the "sweet, soft, kind" girl that the others know you by..? Or maybe I gave you a damned backbone."

"You definitely gave me a backbone..a non-existent one. all you've done is make me feel shitty and make my sense of reality drift away."

"Oh yay!! Oh, you're crying?? Did I made Suitsy cry??"

I was crying. And I had no clue why.

~

It's banter, it's words. It..stopped? And the eyes were gone too..? I heard something in a bush. That one noise stopped it all. Thank God.

"Hello..? Anyone there..?"

Nothing.

"Oh...uhm. Okay."

That means I'm alone, right? All alone with my thoughts.

Another movement from the bush. This time it was louder. Then another bigger one. Then something popped out.

That thing was Taco

That thing was Taco.