Chapter 3

(15th century ago, when she was 9)

When Phoenix grew up, she used to believe in a knight in shining armor who would protect her from monsters. She would hear about it from other kids, and if she didn't hear about it, she probably didn't know what it was.

As she grew older, Phoenix experienced beatings, torture, and was even used as a slave. However, her captors also helped her learn to become a powerful villain, starting with her magic. They wanted her to fully understand and master her magical abilities, which sometimes left her exhausted and drained.

Antonio, one of her captors, noticed that Phoenix's body was becoming weak from using too much magic. He started allowing her to rest so that she wouldn't become overwhelmed and collapse. He reminded himself that he needed her alive, so he took steps to make sure she is well.

Phoenix was a fast learner, and although she hadn't been turned into a vampire yet, it was planned for when she turned 20. According to legend, when someone is turned into a vampire, their other supernatural abilities fade away.

However, hybrids, beings with both vampire and other supernatural traits, did not exist at that time.

At least, not yet.

At the age of 9, Phoenix was already different. She had become cold and numb, devoid of any emotions except for anger and hatred. Her captors had manipulated her mind, convincing her that her parents had abandoned her because they didn't want her. They made her believe that it was only "fair" for her to make others suffer.

Phoenix began carrying out their twisted wishes, killing innocent people and inflicting torture upon them. Even when the victims begged for mercy, she showed no pity. She had once believed in knights in shining armor, but that belief had been shattered. Now, she believed she could only rely on herself.

The torture inflicted upon her no longer affected her. Her body had become numb to pain, and she felt nothing but satisfaction in causing pain to others. She was imprisoned in the dungeons, where she encountered a little girl and her mother, along with Antonio.

With her cold, piercing eyes, Phoenix observed the terrified mother-daughter, while Antonio bent down to her height and instructed her to torture the little girl in front of her mother. He reminded her of her desire to make other people suffer.

The two girls turned to the little girl, hoping that Phoenix would show them mercy. The mother held her daughter protectively, and Phoenix noticed the mother's protective stance. She then looked at Antonio, who awaited her answer. With a creepy smile and a chilling tone, Phoenix replied, "It is only fair."

Antonio stepped back as Phoenix turned her attention to the mother and daughter. The mother continued to hold her daughter's hand tightly, while one of the vampire guards restrained her, preventing her from intervening. The little girl screamed in pain as Phoenix stabbed her in the thighs with a knife. The mother, realizing that pleading would be futile, silently sobbed with closed eyes.

Phoenix felt a new emotion for the first time since she was four years old, envy. She envied the little girl because she had a loving mother, something Phoenix had never experienced. However, she quickly masked this emotion with a blank expression.

Continuing her torment, Phoenix stabbed the little girl's other thighs and both of her hands. She then walked towards a torture device and grabbed a handful of salt. Approaching the little girl, she poured the salt onto the wounds, causing the girl to cry out in agony. Phoenix tortured her until she grew tired and eventually killed her using her flame-like hands.

Turning her attention to the little girl's mother, who couldn't believe that her child was gone, "You are a monster! A monster." The mother angrily said, angry tears start pouring out.

Antonio approached her. He clapped his hands and proceeded to drain the mother's blood on her neck, causing her to die instantly. He ordered the guard to dispose of the two bodies and then walked over to Phoenix, smiling and praising her for a job well done. He reminded her that her training would continue shortly.

Phoenix obediently nodded and made her way back to her room. She now had her own room, a reward from Antonio for her exceptional performance during her training. As she looked at her blood-stained clothes, she felt nothing. She was completely numb to the sight of blood. "You are a monster." The mother's voice ring on her ears

Gazing at herself in the mirror, she brushed her hair and saw her reflection. It was a broken reflection, a monster that resembled her. She had killed countless innocent people, making them suffer because she believed it was "fair."

But was it truly fair?
________________

Hi everyone! Chapter 3 is done. If you like this story please vote and follow.