Chapter 7: Sick Day

The next day Aja woke up and walked around the base for a bit. Eva found her and walked up to her. "Morning babe," Eva said as she kissed Aja's cheek. "Morning," Aja said pulling her close. "What are you doing today?" Eva asked. "I have a very important appointment to go to then for the rest of the day I can't do anything. I have to sit in the gang room," Aja said as she grabbed her risk. "Everything, okay?" Eva asked. "I'm not quite sure but I guess that was to be expected. Doc's going to check me out though," Aja said as she looked at her shaky arm. "What do you mean?" Eva asked. "We had to move the curse mark from the back of my neck but as soon as we touched it. It zoomed down to my hand," Aja said. 

"Hey, chief," A person said. "Yes, what is it?" Aja asked. "Doc is waiting for you. He says it's time for your appointment," The person says. "Thank you. I'll be there soon. Come on, Eva. I'll drop you off back at the room," Aja said and they started walking back. "But I want to come," Eva said. "Are you sure? I really don't think you should go," Aja said. "I'm going if you like it or not," Eva said and Aja sighed, "Fine. Let's go." 

They walked all the way to the infirmary/lab. Doc saw that Aja brought Eva with her. He walked up to them. "I don't think it was a good idea to bring your girlfriend to this visit," He whispered to Aja. "I know but I had no choice. I really did try my best to not get her to come but it just made it worse," Aja said and they went over to bed. They saw the body in the pods. "So how are their bodies working for them?" Aja asked. "They're doing great. I think they will be able to live in them just fine. They can transform just fine, so I think they're good. I still want to monitor them for a few more months but then they should be perfectly fine. But you... let's see you," Doc said and Aja rolled up her sleeve but nothing was there. Then a curse mark appeared.

Aja grabbed her risk in pain and because it was shaking so much. "When did it start getting this bad?" Doc asked. "I-I don't know. This morning I woke up and an unbelievable pain shot through my hand. It's getting worse," Aja said and Doc grabbed her hand. He scanned it for a second. "It says that it's going to grow to a point where it'll cover your heart and there will be two possible outcomes..." Doc said and they looked over to the waiting room to see Eva waiting and watching. "What are they, Doc?"

Eva was looking at them and then saw Aja's eyes widened. She watched as they continued talking. Aja put her head down and Doc put his hand on her shoulder. They both got up and Aja nodded then walked out. Eva ran up to her. "Is everything okay?" She asked. "Yeah, I just have to rest for a while," Aja said putting on a fake smile. Eva noticed that something was wrong but trusted Aja to tell her when she was ready. 

They went back to the room. Gwen and Shin were out on patrol. Turbo was helping around the base. Doc was in the infirmary/lab with Sharken, Terrador, Skyvern, and Grimm. Everyone else was in the gang room with Aja. Vallen, Jade, Max, and John were playing cards. "Are you sure that you don't want to play poker with us?" John asked. "Not with you rookies. You'd be broke playing with me," Aja said as she drank her beer. "Since when do you drink?" Jade asked. "Since always. I drank, smoked, and gambled at 12 in this lifetime. Unlike you humans, we dragons can't get sick or die from it," Aja said. "Gambling, huh? Me and my old man would gamble a lot with the other people in town I would always win. No one can beat me," Max said. "Yeah, me too," John said. "Oh, is that a challenge?" Aja asked. "And if it is?" Max asked. "Then I expect! What are we playing?" Aja asked. "Strip Poker," John said and Aja smirked. She lit a cigarettte and started smoking. "Deal," She said.

They played for a while and eventually Aja had all of their things from money to clothes. They only had their pants. "Damn it. How is this fair?!" Max asked and all the girls laughed. "Because I'm that good. I'll tell you what. You win once and you can choose your prize," Aja said and they looked at her surprised. "Four of a kind!" Max said. "Straight Flush!" John said and Aja's eyes widened. 'Yes, we got her now!' They thought. 'Are they going to do it?' The girls thought. "Damn, you got me into a tight spot here... You did really good" Aja said. "Yeah! We got you!" Max said. Aja smirked, "But... not good enough. Royal Flush!" Aja said as she put down her cards. They boys froze. "N-No way! I-It can't be..." They said as they fell back. "Sucker, I said you can't be me. Rookies, I won. That was almost too easy," Aja said, and she looked at them. 

Eva sat down in front of her. "Deal me in," She said everyone looked at her like she was crazy. "Okay, deal. If you win I'll let you all get one wish and answer any questions to the best of my abilities," Aja said. "Are you sure? Remember what happened last time you lost?" Eva smirked. "I can get used to it," Aja smirked back and they played. They were both evenly matched. They are both down to their sports bras and panties. They both put down their cards at the last minute. Aja smirked as Eva's eyes widened. "It's a tie!" They said. "Y-You did that on purpose!" Eva said and Aja stuck her tongue out, "I don't know what you're talking about... Well since you didn't lose I'll answer your questions but the wishes are out of the question. Does that sound fair?" Aja said and they all looked at each other. "Yeah," They said. "Okay, great," Aja said...