𝓒𝓱𝓪𝓹𝓽𝓮𝓻 29

**Third person POV**

"𝐍𝐄𝐖 𝐑𝐄𝐂𝐑𝐔𝐈𝐓𝐒, 05 and 06. Show them to their rooms Foxglove."

"Yes sir."

She strode down the hallway, the boys' footsteps synchronized with hers.

"Why do you have a name and not a number?" number 06 asked.

"It's a leadership thing. You'll do well to forget you even have name in this place." She responded simply. "You should learn not to ask invasive questions."

The boy spoke again. "I'm Julio and he's Max. Aren't you a little young to be leading this division"

"She's right." 05 jumped in. "Cuz, no puedes ser una gallina en este lugar." (You can't be a chicken in this place.)

"Aren't you a little to old to be in this division?" I retorted back crossly.

**Akira's POV**

I couldn't stop crying. Silent sobs shook my body, as I thought about them. Cameron has his arms wrapped around me, a safe home. Victor sat beside me on my bed, holding my hand gently. "Akira, this can't keep happening. Maybe it'll be good for you to open up to us."

Cameron rubbed my back soothingly, "Just tell us what you want okay? No pressure."

"Around 8 years ago, I met my two best friends in a program. I was the leader of the team they were assigned to, and we quickly became good friends. They tore my walls down." I paused a small smile crossing my face, before my expression clouded over. "A couple of years later when mom died, they were there for me. Three years ago, Max was kidnapped in an ambush. A year later, I found out that he had died."

Cameron's arms tightened around me, as Victor's eyes looked at me with a softness and a hint of anger that I couldn't understand. Ignoring them, I continued. "I spiraled. My other best friend did as well. It was worse for him. He began skipping school and smoking, becoming more violent than I had ever seen him act like before."

"Did he touch you?" Victor asked me, his gaze dark. "Did he ever lay a hand on you?"

"What are you on about?" I asked him incredulously. "Of course he did! We were friends, we hugged all the time."

"That's not what he meant," I felt Cameron's chest vibrate behind me from laughter. "He meant did he ever hit you?"

"Of course not!" I said bewildered. "He was mi mundo, and I was his cielo. Without him, I would have given up."

Victor sent a look to Cameron, who reluctantly let me go, leaving the room crossly. I laughed at his antics, falling silent when Victor grabbed my hands. "Akira, we might not say it often, but we're truly glad that you and Lila are here with us. We love you. I know we say stupid things but that's because we're all still getting used to having two sisters back with us again."

I threw my arms around him unexpectedly, relief washing over me. "I love you too, Victor. I know I'm stubborn and a pain in your ass, but I do love you. I'm glad Lila and I found you."

He wrapped his arms around me. "Please, Akira if you ever need help come to us. We're family. You can tell us your secrets, we won't judge."

Oh, if only you knew, Victor.

Instead, I said nothing, relishing his hug a little longer. This was a side of Victor that I felt like I rarely got to see. Honestly, I hardly got to see any of my brothers anymore. I pulled away from the hug, looking Victor in the eyes. "I need you to stop invading my privacy and I'll stop invading yours. Can we both do that?"