CHAPTER 2

Remus stole a glance at Sirius, observing the subdued atmosphere in the Great Hall during supper. With only a handful of students remaining at Hogwarts for Christmas, the usual hustle and bustle had diminished. Students ignored the House rules and freely mungled with friends from outher houses.

Sirius was surrounded by a group of Gryffindor and Ravenclaw fifth years — mostly girls. He looked as carelessly handsome as ever; his laughter filled the air, his charm effortlessly captivating those around him, his grey eyes sparkling with mirth.

Remus swallowed, trepidation knotting his stomach at the prospect of spending the holidays alone with Sirius. Or not, he thought, distastefully eyeing the girls drooling over his friend. They could never get enough of Sirius, the rebel, the first Black in Gryffindor, the bad boy. How annoying.

-

Remus was reading a book by the soft glow of his wand, when Sirius strolled into the sixth-year dorm room, collapsing onto his bed with a laugh. Remus glanced up, feigning disinterest.

"What's so amusing?" Remus inquired flatly.

"You'd be surprised how skilled Dorcas is at kissing," Sirius remarked casually, his disheveled
appearance betraying his recent escapades.

Remus tried to ignore the twinge in his chest as he studied Sirius, noting the telltale signs of intimacy on his friend's features—the flushed lips, tousled hair, and partially undone shirt.

"Mhm," Remus quickly looked away.

"Jealous, are we?" Sirius teased, flopping down beside Remus and puckering his lips playfully and leaning in.

"GAAHH!!" Remus scrambled out of bed, tripped over something and crashed face first onto the floor. He pushed himself up on his elbows, his face burning, as Sirius roared with laughter.

"Moony! You're SO in love with me!"

"No, I'm not, you stupid arrogant narcissist!" Remus snapped, attempting to shove Sirius off his bed.

Sirius retreated to his own bed, and as the laughter subsided and the two boys settled into silence, Remus couldn't shake the lingering thought of what it might be like to kiss Sirius, if only for one fleeting moment. In the stillness of the night, amidst the whispers of their shared secrets, Remus found himself grappling with emotions he dared not confront.