𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 01

"Umar is coming tomorrow," Nano suddenly said to her. She forgot about eating.
"Who told you he's coming tomorrow?" She asked Nano anxiously.
"You were asleep, he wanted to talk to you too, but when I told him you were asleep, he decided not to wake you up," Nano explained.

A smile appeared on Aleeza's face.
"Is Umar coming for the holidays?" she asked.
"Yes, that's right. He's leaving the foreign service," Nano said, "He said he'll join the police service for a few weeks." Aleeza was shocked.

"Umar and police service? I can't believe it Nano! Leaving such a good post, what will he do here? Didn't Uncle say anything about it?" She still couldn't believe it.
"Jahangir and he had an argument. He didn't tell me the details, but they are not on talking terms now-a-days," Nano said.

"What's new in that? This has been going on for several years," Aleeza wasn't really surprised.
"Yes, but they had another argument recently. We'll find out what happened when he comes," Nano replied, not seeming too concerned.

"Will he stay here?" Aleeza asked Nano.
"Yes, he said he'll stay here until he finds a posting. He asked me to let him know if you or I need anything, he'll bring it. I didn't ask for anything for myself, but I asked him to bring some perfumes for you. He chuckled at my request," Nano said.

Aleeza's mind was involuntarily oscillating.

He was saying this isn't something he's asking for, I know if I go in front of Aleeza, how can I go without perfumes? Then I told him to bring some good books for you, especially a new book about painting." Nano had informed her about it.

"You gave him trouble, Nano."

"Oh no, he was insisting himself. Well, you should set up the room for him and also get the annex cleaned up a bit. All his belongings are coming too. For now, he'll stay here, then when the posting is confirmed, he'll take them," Nano had instructed her. Then she got up after having lunch and left.

She sat there for a long time, thinking about a lot of things. A lot of fresh thoughts were emerging in her mind.
"So Umar Jehangir is finally coming back," she thought with a smile. Then as something came to mind, she got up and headed towards the room where he used to stay.

Opening the door, she felt a pleasant sensation. She often spent some time in this room, and always felt as if she was right here.His rocking chair looked as comforting even in its silent state. The way he used to rock it. Everything seemed to have his touch. His presence echoed around every corner. That same calm, deep, and stable demeanor. The same soothing voice resonated everywhere. His calmness penetrating deep into the heart, and then the same involuntary laughter, filled the room with life.

A sense of nostalgia would ensue, and the picture would become alive, circulating around him. The same unique scent lingered in the room. The little things he used to handle were still in their place as if they were just kept there yesterday. She tried to remember. When was the first time he came? She didn't have to strain her mind. She remembered it well, which year, which date, which day, and at what time he came. Some things you never want to forget. And when he left, she remembered that too. Some things you never want to remember.

For Aleeza, since then until now, he was still here. In this room, at least for her. She heard the sound of the door opening behind her and involuntarily turned around.

"Oh, you came to see this room now, I thought let me have a look too," Nano had come inside. She kept scrutinizing the room for a few moments with critical eyes, then seemed satisfied. "I think everything is fine, but still, you should check everything thoroughly," she said. "I don't want him to have any trouble here."
Nano turned back and left the room.

She had headed towards the dressing table, and there she picked up a perfume lying there. She slowly removed the cap of the perfume and tried to smell the fragrance. An involuntary smile spread across her lips. Once again, an image had swirled in her mind. She looked at the mirror of the dressing table, and suddenly it seemed like someone else was there, the same place where someone was a few years ago. She involuntarily took a few steps back. She felt the warmth on her neck and hair.

__________________________________

𝙁𝙤𝙧 𝙖𝙣𝙮𝙤𝙣𝙚 𝙬𝙝𝙤 𝙘𝙖𝙢𝙚 𝙖𝙘𝙧𝙤𝙨𝙨 𝙞𝙩,
𝘿𝙤 𝙨𝙝𝙖𝙧𝙚 𝙮𝙤𝙪𝙧 𝙩𝙝𝙤𝙪𝙜𝙩𝙨 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙤𝙥𝙞𝙣𝙞𝙤𝙣𝙨.
𝘼𝙣𝙙𝙙 𝙫𝙤𝙩𝙚 𝙩𝙤𝙤.