𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 05

Present

The room's door suddenly swung open. She was startled for a moment, and the room was once again empty of that presence.

"Aleeza ma'am! Mrs. Begum has sent me, she says the room's setup needs to be changed. So, please let me know, I'll rearrange things here and there."

The servant had interrupted her train of thought. She looked at him with a momentary vacant expression, then as if she snapped back into focus. She placed the perfume on the dressing table.

"Yes, I want some things moved around, but first, go to the storeroom and bring out the curtains you removed from here last month."

Aleeza had begun giving him instructions.

"The blue ones!" the servant had asked Aleeza.

"Yes, those ones, and look, bring the vacuum cleaner too."

The servant had started nodding at her instructions. He was about to turn back when Aleeza stopped him once again.

"Okay, look, when you come back, bring Hakim with you as well. I want the room to be cleaned quickly."

She had stopped the servant and gave him further instructions.

"Alright then!"

The servant had left the room.

She had started assessing the room once again. There were many indoor plants placed in the room.

These were all Umar's choices, and among the few things he was interested in, gardening was one. As long as he stayed there, he filled the house with his favorite indoor plants. One day a month, he would sit with all these plants. He would trim them, fertilize them, spray them with pesticides, and rearrange them in his room. After he left, Aleeza took over these tasks.

"Take these plants outside to the lawn," Aleeza instructed the servant when he brought the curtains. Aleeza herself had come out of the room. The servant brought all the plants outside one by one. Aleeza started looking at the plants; she had started pruning them. She was looking at the money plant, a few small branches were happily hanging down. She started trimming them, being careful, she was cutting the branches and leaves only for a moment her attention went elsewhere, along with the dry branch, a green branch was also cut. She suddenly became stilled.

"It's okay. These things happen. You'll see, now it will grow much faster and become even more beautiful than before. Whenever I trim a plant like this, it always turns out better than before."

-------------------------------------------------------

A Short chapter today.....
Dedicated to sheL0vEbts 🫶🏻.

Thank you all for reading 💌.

Vote. Comment. Share & Follow.