𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 04

Past

"Very soon, May Dear Cousin, very soon!"

The response came from somewhere else. She sat completely still in her place, trying to come up with an excuse for her question.

Now he had shifted from behind her to right in front of her, sitting on the sofa with Nano.

"Or perhaps you want me to leave from here?"
He had addressed Aliza with these words.

"Don't talk nonsense; no one is asking you to leave. Your presence has brought joy to the house."
Nano had lovingly patted his cheek while scolding him. Instead of responding, Aliza picked up the magazine and returned to her seat. She sat there, feeling a bit embarrassed.

A few minutes later, she heard footsteps; Umar was approaching her. She became a little flustered as he came closer,pulled out a chair and sat down.

"I have been wanting to talk to you for a long time, perhaps about many things, but you've been ignoring me."

"Tell me, why do you dislike me?"

He had asked her such a direct question that she was taken aback.

"Why would you say that?"
She stood up.

"Sit down, or I'll make you sit down."

He was looking at her with an unprecedented seriousness. He himself had stood up, and she found herself facing him in a state of nervousness.

Umar pushed the table aside and then pulled his chair closer to her, sitting directly in front of her. He was so close that she became nervous.

"Now, tell me."

"You have misunderstood me; I don't dislike you."

"Very good, but then why don't you seem comfortable with me here?"

"It's not like that."

"But it is. If you want, I can leave from here."

"This is not my house for me to kick someone out from here."
Despite not wanting to, she displayed her frustration.

"Look, I want to clarify a few things. I don't want any tension in this house because of me. This house is yours, and it will remain yours. I don't intend to stay here. In a few months, I'll go back to London from here. I have no intention of taking control here, so I don't understand why you're so upset. Do you have any complaints against me? I always thought I was harmless."

"I don't have any complaints against you, but you're trying to dominate everything in the house. All the food is made according to your preference. It's fine that you're a guest here, but the things I want to do should not be according to someone else's will..."

Umar interrupted her.

"You're talking about the incident at the dining table that day. Okay, I won't make such interference in the future, any objections?"

"No, I don't have any objections."
She was truly embarrassed now.

"Okay, fine. In the future, don't let my mood affect you, and if there's anything I say that bothers you, just come and tell me."

Umar extended his hand towards her, and Aleeza shook it with a hesitant smile. Umar hadn't let go of her hand; instead, he had stood up himself. Holding her hand with his other hand, he took steps forward.

"Now that your dissatisfaction is gone, I'll give you something nice."

He had taken her hand like a little child and led her inside. Nano was still sitting in the lounge.